WILMINGTON — The following information is obtained from the Clinton County Health Department and is compiled from inspection reports.
Violations are either critical or non-critical. Critical violations are more likely to contribute to food contamination, illness or an environmental health hazard, including inadequate cooking of food items or poor personal hygiene.
For a more detailed description of critical and non-critical violations, or to file a public health or food safety complaint about a restaurant, contact the Clinton County Health Department by calling 937-382-7221.
The following restaurants or food service establishments were inspected recently:
• McDonald’s, 1272 Rombach Ave., Wilmington, Dec. 23. Container of sugar missing label information. Written procedures on time as public health control not up to date/available. Ice-making machine guard is cracked. Inner surface of top salad prep cooler was loose. Tile coving missing.
• Donato’s Pizza, 860 Rombach Ave., Wilmington, Dec. 21. Thermometer missing in sub prep cooler. Stickers and sticker residue observed on clean food containers. Food debris observed in the bottom of the pizza make line cooler. Spray bottles with cleaners stored on shelf overhanging pizza boxes.
• Burger King, 1607 Rombach Ave., Wilmington, Dec. 21. Thermometer missing in salad prep cooler. Laminate counter damaged. Freezer reach-in door of burgers does not close/seal. Ice deposits observed in walk-in freezer. Black residues observed in blender mixing equipment. Equipment not in use or in storage had grease and food accumulations. Debris observed in floors of walk-in coolers. Trash receptacle was not located at hand sink. Floor tile missing/damaged. Light not working. Dust accumulated on ceiling tiles. Food debris at wall and floor junctures.
• Kava Haus, 167 E. Locust St., Wilmington, Dec. 16. Gallons of vinegar and boxes of food paper supplies stored on the floor. Dust accumulated on dish drying rack and coating missing on shelves. Air gap on plumbing to prep sink is not available. Evidence of roof water leak observed. Hand sinks are not sealed to wall.
• Little Caesar’s, 1384 Rombach Ave., Wilmington, Dec.16. Written policy regarding use of time as a public health control not available. Thermometer not working in hot holding case. Spatula and shaker damaged. Freezer light not working. A person in charge was not knowledgeable about illness reporting, exclusions and restrictions as well as sanitizer solution concentration requirements. Hot water heater leaking. Trash receptacles had food debris and residue accumulations. Dough racks had food residues. Hand sinks are not cleanly secured to wall. Tile coving near exit door damaged.
Reach Nathan Kraatz at 937-382-2574, ext. 2510 or on Twitter @NathanKraatz.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU