WILMINGTON — The following information is obtained from the Clinton County Health Department and is compiled from inspection reports.
Violations are either critical or non-critical. Critical violations are more likely to contribute to food contamination, illness or an environmental health hazard, including inadequate cooking of food items or poor personal hygiene.
For a more detailed description of critical and non-critical violations, or to file a public health or food safety complaint about a restaurant, contact the Clinton County Health Department by calling 937-382-7221.
The following restaurants or food service establishments were inspected recently:
• McDonald’s, 5843 U.S. 68, Wilmington, January 15. Wall trim and tile damaged near entry of walk-in freezer. Panel on door of walk-in freezer separated/damaged.
• Max and Erma’s, 123 Gano Road, Wilmington, January 13. Powder sugar in storage container missing label. Raw bratwurst stored below raw turkey. Coleslaw, horseradish sauce, whip cream, cherries, ham and eggs not kept cold enough. Thermometer unavailable in drawer storing fish and chicken. Light not working in walk-in freezer. Rust observed in scoop holder for ice machine. Dish machine gauges not working. Slicer in storage had food debris. Sticker residues on clean equipment. Cracked floor tiles observed in restroom.
• Sabina Moose Lodge, 246 N. Howard St., Sabina, January 15. No violations observed.
• Jen’s Deli, 28 W. Main St., Wilmington, January 14. Chlorine test strips unavailable.
• Speedway, 900 S. South St., Wilmington, January 14. Pizza serving tongs have pizza debris on them. Food debris was under hot dog roller. Kitchen microwave had food debris inside.
• Champions in the Making Academy, 160 Park Drive, Wilmington, no date legible. Microwave has food debris inside.
• Family Dollar Store, 303 E. Main St., Wilmington, January 14. Trash can in women’s restroom wasn’t covered. Lights not on in a reach-in freezer.
• Papa John’s Pizza, 1561 Rombach Ave., Wilmington, January 14. Back door wouldn’t shut properly.
• Wilmington College Snack Bar, 251 Ludovic St., Wilmington, January 14. Light out in refrigerator. Food debris inside microwave.
• South Ridge Marathon, 863 South St., Wilmington, January 13. No violations noted.
• Little Caesar’s, 1334 Rombach Ave., Wilmington, January 12. Chlorine test strips unavailable.
• Xenia Avenue Market, 659 Xenia Ave., Wilmington, January 12. Food product in freezer wasn’t labeled or date marked. Microwave had food debris inside.
• Shop ‘n Go, 1089 W. Locust St., Wilmington, January 12. Light bulbs out in freezer.
• G&C Enterprises, 59 Gano Road, Wilmington, January 12. Food stored in single serve cups in walk-in refrigerator was not labeled or date marked. Instant hot water heater in women’s restroom was missing cover.
• Pizza Hut, 486 Main St., Wilmington, January 12. No violations noted.
• 68 Shell, 5737 U.S. 68, Wilmington, January 12. Barbecue sauce, mustard kept at room temperature.
• Caesar Creek BP, 7126 State Route 73, Wilmington, January 11. Powder built up inside cappuccino machine. Debris at the bottom of a freezer. Hand wash sink in break room has no signage. Soda splatter on ceiling at back beverage cooler. Ceiling tile missing above ice machine.
• J&S Petro III, 7111 State Route 73, January 11. Debris built up inside cappuccino machine.
• Building Blocks Learning Center, 65 Collett Road, Waynesville, January 11. No violations noted.
• Flagway, 373 W. Washington St., Sabina, January 7. No violations noted.
• Duchess Shoppe #1, 2495 Rombach Ave., Wilmington, January 7. Microwave oven has cheese debris on inside plate. Debris on floor under shelving in large beverage cooler.
• Subway Restaurant, 31 E. Washington St., Sabina, January 7. Bags of ice stored on floor of walk-in freezer. Cookie dough on floor of walk-in cooler.
• The Village Deli & More, 405 East Washington St., Sabina, January 7. Hand wash sink in prep area missing signage.
Reach Nathan Kraatz at 937-382-2574, ext. 2510 or on Twitter @NathanKraatz.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU