WILMINGTON — A Wilmington man was arrested Wednesday after allegedly entering a Silverado Drive home with a handgun and pointing it at a resident.
Griffin Wise, 32, of Wilmington, was arrested and charged with alleged felonious assault with a deadly weapon or dangerous ordnance, child endangerment and improperly handling firearms in a motor vehicle.
Wilmington Police Department Chief Detective Josh Riley said Wise allegedly entered the residence and pointed a gun at one of its occupants in the presence of children. Riley said police were able to arrest Wise before anyone was hurt.
Police also found an AR-15 rifle and “a large amount” of ammunition in Wise’s car, according to Riley.
The following report is generated from reports provided by the Wilmington Police Department. All those arrested are presumed innocent until proven guilty in court. Incidents are presumed to be under investigation. Charges may be dropped or changed in court.
Wilmington police recently arrested or charged the following people:
• Alex Foster-Coleman, 22, of Detroit, Michigan, for alleged felonious assault with a deadly weapon or dangerous ordnance. Foster-Coleman was picked up at the Greene County Jail after a traffic stop in that county.
• Austin Jarbo, 22, of Gratis, for alleged criminal damaging.
• Tyrone Huston, 26, of Martinsville, for alleged criminal trespassing at a Progress Way business on Thursday.
• Amber Younker, 24, of Martinsville, for alleged criminal trespassing at a Progress Way business on Thursday.
• Jeffrey Jackson, 33, of Washington Court House, for two counts of alleged theft from a Progress Way business on Friday.
• Addam Shaeffer, 31, of Wilmington, for alleged criminal trespassing at a West Locust Street building.
Wilmington police recently received the following reports:
• Tuesday, April 12, officers responded to a report of a runaway Wilmington juvenile. The juvenile was later found an hour and a half later.
• A Howard Street woman reported Tuesday, April 12, that someone called her and claimed to be from Publishers Clearing House and asking for personal information about her husband.
• A Wilmington man reported several fraudulent transactions totaling more than $800 on his bank account. He reported the suspected fraud Thursday.
• A Wilmington woman reported being assaulted Thursday on West Locust Street.
• Thursday evening, an assault was reported at a West Main Street address.
Reach Nathan Kraatz at 937-382-2574, ext. 2510 or on Twitter @NathanKraatz.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU