WILMINGTON — The following report is generated from reports provided by the Clinton County Sheriff’s Office. All those arrested are presumed innocent until proven guilty in court. Incidents are presumed to be under investigation. Charges may be dropped or changed in court.
Sheriff’s deputies recently received the following reports:
• Deputies stopped a gold minivan on July 8 and found the driver to be allegedly under the influence of drugs or alcohol. A bag with white residue, almost $1,400 cash and a black purse were listed as seized. The report did not indicate who was arrested.
• A deputy stopped a Honda Accord for two alleged turn signal violations and arrested the driver for allegedly driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol. Chemicals and supplies to make meth were allegedly found in the vehicle’s trunk. The report did not indicate who was arrested.
• A Liberty Township business reported a theft of cigarettes July 9. Though the suspect allegedly fled, he was allegedly apprehended, found to be under the influence of alcohol and the stolen items returned. The report didn’t specify whether the man was arrested or who he was.
• An assault, by way of shoving, allegedly occurred Thursday at the Clinton County Fairgrounds after a verbal argument.
• A deputy allegedly tried to stop a motorcycle being driven on State Route 350 with expired tags but the driver increased speed and refused to stop on Wednesday, July 13, in Clark Township.
• A deputy allegedly found narcotics in the possession of a man on Tuesday, July 12, in Union Township. The narcotics were found after the deputy stopped the man for driving with a suspended license.
• A Marion Township woman told deputies Tuesday, July 12, that someone stole a .38-caliber revolver from her home a few days prior.
• A Wilson Township resident told deputies Monday, July 11, she had more information about who stole her purse.
• A Clarksville area resident reported the theft of an all-terrain vehicle from his home on July 8.
• Two Clark Township residents told deputies someone stole a television from their home between July 1 and July 7.
• A Blanchester area man reported the theft of his lawn mower from his front yard on July 10.
• A Union Township resident reported the theft of a trailer from his yard on July 6.
Reach Nathan Kraatz at 937-382-2574, ext. 2510 or on Twitter @NathanKraatz.