WILMINGTON — Wilmington police are investigating a 12-year-old allegation of a sexual offense involving a then-5-year-old boy and a former Wilmington City Schools teacher.
Detective Bob Wilson of the Wilmington Police Department said the victim, who is now 17 and lives in another state, alleged the teacher engaged in sexual misconduct. Wilson said the accused teacher, whom he is looking for, does not currently work for the school district.
The incident, which was reported to police last week, remains under investigation, and additional details will be reported as they become available.
The following report is generated from reports provided by the Wilmington Police Department. All those arrested are presumed innocent until proven guilty in court. Incidents are presumed to be under investigation. Charges may be dropped or changed in court.
Wilmington police received the following reports:
• Police took down a report of vandalism at a Rombach Avenue business on Sunday.
• Thursday, a Wilmington resident reported that her debit card showed allegedly fraudulent charges at a grocery store in Gahanna, Ohio.
• A fight was reported Wednesday night on Valley Street. Additional details were not available by press time.
• A Southwind Boulevard resident reported someone making unauthorized use of her vehicle on Tuesday, July 12.
• Also on Tuesday, July 12, a Fife Avenue resident reported the theft of her prescribed Percocet, valued at $45.
Wilmington police recently arrested or charged the following people:
• Trevor Gibson, 21, of Hillsboro, for two counts of alleged theft from a Progress Way business on Sunday.
• Jennifer McCauley, 45, of Wilmington, for alleged assault on Belmont Avenue on Saturday.
• Mary Cupp, 37, of Clarksville, for allegedly driving while under the influence Friday on West Main Street.
• Carrie Dunkle, 43, of Wilmington, for alleged domestic violence on West Main Street on Thursday.
• Destiny Tedrick, 24, of Wilmington, for allegedly endangering children on Thursday on Paris Avenue.
• Matthew Fowler, 35, of Huber Heights, for two counts of allegedly receiving stolen property on Thursday on Paris Avenue.
• Larry Baker, 63, of Wilmington, for alleged disorderly conduct on North Wood Street, Tuesday, July 12.
• John Howard, 27, of Sabina, for alleged theft from a Progress Way business on Tuesday, July 12.
Reach Nathan Kraatz at 937-382-2574, ext. 2510 or on Twitter @NathanKraatz.