WILMINGTON — The following report is generated from reports provided by the Wilmington Police Department. All those arrested are presumed innocent until proven guilty in court. Incidents are presumed to be under investigation. Charges may be dropped or changed in court.
Wilmington police recently received the following reports:
• Saturday, police responded to a report of an overdose on the 800-block of Prairie Avenue. Drug paraphernalia was allegedly in plain view and the man allegedly admitted to snorting a Vicodin.
• A 300-block East Main Street business owner reported the overnight theft of two boxes of urethane from the business on Tuesday, July 26.
• Police sent home several people after an argument was reported on the 100-block of South South Street on Tuesday, July 26.
• Several power tools worth a few hundred dollars were reported stolen from a truck parked on the 100-block of Midway Drive overnight Tuesday and Wednesday morning.
• A fridge was reported stolen from a 500-block Valley Street home Wednesday.
• About $350 in cash was reported stolen from a 300-block East Locust Street home on Wednesday.
• A resident of the 400-block of Clark Street reported the theft of a television from her home Thursday.
Wilmington police recently arrested or charged the following people:
• Steven Spurlock, 47, of New Vienna, for alleged possession of dangerous drugs on Friday. Spurlock was charged at the Clinton County Jail.
• Kimberly Wisecup, 43, of Wilmington, for allegedly driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol on the zero to 100 block of South Walnut Street on Thursday.
• Scott Hamilton, 33, of Wilmington, for alleged illegal use or possession of drug paraphernalia, driving while under the influence of alcohol or drugs, driving under suspension or cancellation, possession of drug abuse instruments and failure to control. Hamilton was arrested Tuesday, July 26, on the 200-block of West Main Street. Hamilton was also charged Wednesday on a warrant alleging theft.
• Vanessa Leeds, 39, of Clarksville, for allegedly driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol on the 1000-block of South South Street on Tuesday, July 26.
• Regina O’Conner, 30, of Jeffersonville, for alleged theft from a Progress Way business on Tuesday, July 26.
Reach Nathan Kraatz at 937-382-2574, ext. 2510 or on Twitter @NathanKraatz.