WILMINGTON — The following information is obtained from the Clinton County Health Department and is compiled from inspection reports.
Violations are either critical or non-critical. Critical violations are more likely to contribute to food contamination, illness or an environmental health hazard, including inadequate cooking of food items or poor personal hygiene.
For a more detailed description of critical and non-critical violations, or to file a public health or food safety complaint about a restaurant, contact the Clinton County Health Department by calling 937-382-7221.
• C. C. Ice Cream, 7763 State Route 73 W., Wilmington, Aug. 1, standard. Gnats spotted near soft serve machine.
• Connie’s Country Market and Deli, 7763 State Route 73 W., Wilmington, Aug. 1, standard. Bread and sweet rolls missing labels. Grab and mix candy ingredients missing ingredient info.
• Grandma’s Groceries, 7763 State Route 73 W., Wilmington, Aug. 1, standard. No issues noted.
• Dee’s Fudge, 7763 State Route 73 W., Wilmington, Aug. 1, standard. No issues noted.
• Caesar’s Creek Donut, 7763 State Route 73 W., Wilmington, Aug. 1, standard. Straws for customer self-service aren’t wrapped. Rinse and sanitize sink hooked up incorrectly. Ingredient info unavailable for brownies and cookies.
• Domino’s Pizza, 265 W. Locust St., Wilmington, Aug. 7, standard. Spray bottle with sanitizer wasn’t labeled.
• Laurels of Blanchester, 839 E. Cherry St., Blanchester, Aug. 5, standard. Black residues in ice scoop holder at ice machine. Wall tile missing/damaged near mop sink.
• Untied Dairy Farmers, 211 W. Main St., Blanchester, Aug. 5, standard. A person in charge worked in the ice cream case without restraining hair. Black residues observed on ice dispenser on fountain machine. Yogurt/soft-serve machine cleaned every other day per policy rather than every day. Three-sink not sealed to wall.
• Kroger, 1001 Cherry St., Blanchester, Aug. 5, standard. Labels missing at salad bar. Ingredient info for Bolillios missing in ingredient book. Thermometer unavailable in deli hot display and service product case. Light bulbs in hood above fryers and in deli department freezer not working. Heat lamp bulbs not working in chicken-to-go hot holding equipment. Light bulbs in seafood display and in seafood department freezer not working. Temperature display not working in green rack thermometers. Gnats and flies observed in deli/bakery department. Wet mop on floor next to warewash machine. Water test results unavailable at bulk water machine.
• Alkermes, 265 Olinger Circle, Wilmington, Aug. 4, standard. Some cold foods weren’t kept cold enough. Tiled covers on steam wells loose or damaged. Slicer had food residues on it; residues on inner guard of ice machine; food debris on prep cart; areas were cleaned during inspection. Grout missing on floor tiles throughout kitchen. Bottles of cleaner stored next to to-go containers at make line. A bottle of cleaner was missing a lid.
• C. C. Pizza and Subs, 7763 State Route 73 W., Wilmington, Aug. 1, standard. Food debris accumulated on top surface of microwave.
• Alma’s Amish Cheese Barn, 7810 State Route 73 W., Wilmington, Aug. 1, standard. No violations noted.
• The Nut People, 7763 State Route 73 W., Wilmington, Aug. 1, standard. Nuts were made at home, which is not permitted. Nuts missing labels. Floral bleach in use and comparison chart missing for test strips. Paper towels unavailable. A person in charge chose to close the booth.
Reach Nathan Kraatz at 937-382-2574, ext. 2510 or on Twitter @NathanKraatz.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU