WILMINGTON — The following information is obtained from the Clinton County Health Department and is compiled from inspection reports.
Violations are either critical or non-critical. Critical violations are more likely to contribute to food contamination, illness or an environmental health hazard, including inadequate cooking of food items or poor personal hygiene.
For a more detailed description of critical and non-critical violations, or to file a public health or food safety complaint about a restaurant, contact the Clinton County Health Department by calling 937-382-7221.
• Combs Bakery, 1221 Wayne Road, Wimington, Aug. 27, standard. Glass in service donut front case cracked and using tape as repair. Tile/floor damaged in kitchen. Corners of walls have chipped/damaged drywall.
• Sam’s Meats and Deli, 1209 W. Locust St., Wilmington, Aug. 27, standard. Boxes of food supplies in stock room on floor. Date marking system for deli meats and cheeses isn’t current. Water observed at bottom on sandwich prep cooler. Black residues observed on ice dispenser at Pepsi fountain machine.
• The Grand Magnolia, 421 S. South St., Wilmington, Aug. 27, standard. No violations noted.
• McDonald’s, 5843 U.S. 68 North, Wilmington, Aug. 26, standard. Coating on shelf wearing away in beverage cooler.
• Subway, 2855B State Route 73 South, Wilmington, Aug. 25, standard. Plastic bowls used for salad cutting had knicks in them. Ice dispenser had black residue on it. Food accumulated in or on reach-in cooler. Cookie case had product residue. Trim separating from wall under three-compartment sink.
Walmart, 2825 State Route 73 South, Wilmington, Aug. 25, standard. Raw sausage patties stored above ready-to-eat polish sausages. Cereal stock stored on floor or less than six inches from floor. Dairy and meat department cases had product stored above load limits. Thermometer unavailable in hot holding case in deli department. Light not working in deli department vent hood. Deli department walk-in freezer tile trim not secured to wall and had frost deposits. Produce department walk-in cooler light set not working. Seafood walk-in freezer door seal damaged and had frost accumulations on air curtains. Ice cream walk-in freezer had ice deposits on the floor and frost accumulations on the ceiling. Black residues noted on pipe in meat department’s lunchmeat walk-in cooler. Grease debris observed on floor and a mop was on the floor next to grease vacuum. Water on floor under leak from water line in dry storage area. Recent water test results unavailable for bulk water machine.
• We’re Rolling Pretzel Company, 2825 State Route 73 South, Wilmington, Aug. 25, standard. Black and pink residues observed in ice making machine. Pepto Bismol found on top shelf in cooler.
• Cluxton’s Dairy Bar, 267 W. Main St., New Vienna, Aug. 25, standard. Bare hands used to handle hamburger buns. Black residues observed on seal of box freezer. Soft serve equipment must be cleaned every 24 hours. Floor paint chipped in front of self-serve machine. Floor tile loose/missing in walk-in cooler. Green degreaser in spray bottle not labelled.
• Engine House Pizza, 134 Main St., New Vienna, Aug. 25, standard. Cheese sauce not stored cold enough. Light not working in cheese cooler. Handwashing sign missing in men’s restroom. Paint chipping on walls near kitchen trash can. Walls deteriorating in soda bag-in-box area.
• Spillway Lodge, 623 Old State Route Road, Clarksville, Aug. 25, standard. Tools/excess items in kitchen area. Floor tiles in kitchen showing wear, cracks and damage.
• Thousand Trails Chuckwagon, 1786 State Route 380, Wilmington, Aug. 21, standard. Several areas accumulated debris and dead gnats.
• Thousand Trails Canteen, 1786 State Route 380, Wilmington, Aug. 21, standard. No violations noted.
• The Nut People, 7763 State Route 73 West, Wilmington, Aug. 20, follow up. No violations noted.
• 73 Grill, 3669 State Route 380, Wilmington, Aug. 20, standard. Food residues observed on inner top lid of prep cooler at grill line, table top can opener and door seals of pizza prep cooler. Black residues observed on top inner surface of ice making machine. Faucet on prep sink missing. Light bulb missing cover in vent hood. Light fixtures non-functioning in kitchen. Food residues observed under equipment, near wall edges and other areas.
Reach Nathan Kraatz at 937-382-2574, ext. 2510 or on Twitter @NathanKraatz.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU