WILMINGTON — The following information is obtained from the Clinton County Health Department and is compiled from inspection reports.
Violations are either critical or non-critical. Critical violations are more likely to contribute to food contamination, illness or an environmental health hazard, including inadequate cooking of food items or poor personal hygiene.
For a more detailed description of critical and non-critical violations, or to file a public health or food safety complaint about a restaurant, contact the Clinton County Health Department by calling 937-382-7221.
The following restaurants or food service establishments were inspected recently and violations/comments include:
• Burger King, 1607 Rombach Ave., Wilmington, Jan. 9. Critical: Chili sauce has a date mark of 10 days once opened. RTF TCS foods must be dated and consumed, sold or discarded within 7 days. Bacon was dated 1/8/16 and is held by time. According to Burger King, must be discarded after 24 hours. PIC discarded. Air gap is not visible at drain of ice machine and walk-in coolers. PIC was not able to display cycles or provide copy of logs for heat treatment dispensing freezer. Heat treatment freezer must cycle every 24 hours and cycle logs must be available for the past 90 days.
Facility needs general cleaning — maintenance/break room, near drive-thru facility. Counter used for tea beverage equipment is damaged. Light bulbs nonworking in ceiling fixtures above 3 sink, sandwich make line and ice making machine. Floor tile grout missing/damaged in front of fryers and ice making machine.
• Streber’s Market, 299 South St., New Vienna, Jan. 13. Verification demonstrating employees know when to report illness unavailable. Box of food/bakery items, shred cheese, creamer, etc. observed on floor in both walk-in cooler and freezer. Critical: Cole slaw, sandwich spread, gravy, cheeses, meats, bologna, baked ham were not marked with date. Additionally, expired blocks of packaged cheese found from November 2016.
Salami roll-ups, salami roll-ups with cheese, fried chicken, celery, peanut butter, pepperoni pizza bun, ground sausage patties, Yoplait yogurt cups, packaged donuts did not have proper labeling (missing ingredient info). Bulk donuts for customer self-service missing ingredient info from White’s bakery. Thermometer missing in cold deli display case. Light bulbs non-working in hot display deli case. Peeling paint/rust(?) observed in panel above foods in cold deli case. Handwashing sign missing on deli dept. hand sink near slicers. Hand sink next to 3 sink in deli dept. is leaking. facility required general cleaning to reduce clutter.
• Sunrise Bakery & More, 149 W. Main St., New Vienna, Jan. 13. Baked potatoes found stored under raw burger and raw eggs. Box freezer in front seal/closure is damaged and frost deposits observed in unit. Critical: cleaner solution in bucket stored above box of crackers at utensil server area.
• Wilmington Veterans Post #49, 140 E. Locust St., Wilmington, Jan. 11. Everything looks good. Thank you!
• The Out Post, 3992 SR 730, Wilmington, Jan. 11. Large reach-in freezer has been removed from the facility.
• Clinton-Massie Middle School, 2556 Lebanon Road, Clarksville, Jan. 11. Cart with packages of bread/buns stored next to hanging brooms. Relocate to create separation from cleaning supplies. Corrected. Containers storing sanitizer solutions stored on floor. Containers storing sanitizer solutions shall be above the floor and stored in containers that will not cause chemical contamination. Corrected. Critical: Spaghetti sauces found dated 12/6/16; slider sauce 12/16/16; sliced cheeses 12/19/16 in the walk-in cooler. PIC discarded and corrected.
Light bulbs nonworking in walk-in freezer.
• Clinton-Massie High School, 2556 Lebanon Road, Clarksville, Jan. 11. Cookies, fruits, vegetables for student self-service missing sneezeguards at serving lines. Container storing sanitizer solution on floor in left serving side. Container storing sanitizer solutions must be above floor and stored in manner that will not cause chemical contamination.
• Clinton-Massie Elementary School, 2380 Lebanon Road, Clarksville, Jan. 11. Light missing above fruit/vegetable service line.
• New Vienna 1st Stop, 101 N. South St., New Vienna, Jan. 10. Follow-up. The following violations were corrected: 3.4. The walls in the dry storage area are unpainted pressboard. All floors, walls and ceilings must be smooth and easily cleanable. 3rd Notice.
• Kroger, 1230 Rombach Ave., Wilmington, Jan. 10. Follow-up. No procedure posted for cleaning up vomiting/diarrhea. 2nd Notice.the 3-door Hobart cooler in the deli department had large accumulation of ice. The 3-door Hobart cooler has large bucket catching ice in bottom. 2nd Notice.
• Clinton County Jail, 1645 Davids Drive, Wilmington, Jan. 6. Worker handling dirty dishes at warewash machine handling clean dishes without washing hands. Biscuit mix missing label. Container of eggs dated 12/19/16 for discard found in walk-in cooler.
• Bob Evans, 1075 Eastside Drive, Wilmington, Jan. 6. Container of sanitizer solution found stored on the floor. Critical: BBQ sauce 72°F (side 2 line); hot TCS foods must be maintained 135°F or above. Creamer held by time according to PIC was missing label. Thermometer missing is salad prep and prep line coolers. Hand washing sign missing at hand sink next to salad prep cooler/beverage equipment. Light bulb and cover missing in McCall freezer in side 2 equipment.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU