WILMINGTON — The following report is generated from reports provided by the Wilmington Police Department. All those arrested are presumed innocent until possibly proven guilty in court. Incidents are presumed to be under investigation. Charges may be dropped or changed in court.
Wilmington police recently received the following reports:
• At 3:26 a.m. on Feb. 20, a 63-year-old female came into the station to report that someone wrote “die Mary” on her vehicle.
• At 9:14 a.m. on Feb. 20, a 27-year-old male came to the station to return that someone entered his vehicle overnight and stole a camera. According to the report, the vehicle was in the garage and unlocked. The victim stated that the camera was the property of his employer. The victim also advised that his garage door opener is missing. The incident took place at the 200 block of Lorish Avenue.
• At 11:33 a.m. on Feb. 20, a vehicle trespass occurred at the 500 block of North Walnut Street. No items were listed as taken, and the victim is a 62-year-old female resident.
• At 1:48 p.m. on Feb. 20, police responded to the 300 block of Curtis Drive in Wilmington for a call about vehicle damage. Upon arrival, police made contact with a 46-year-old female resident who advised that the top of her 2004 Mustang convertible had been cut. The responding officer noted that the cut to the top went through the exterior and interior. The vehicle was parked on the street outside of her residence and the incident may have taken place between midnight and 7 a.m.
• At 3:42 p.m. on Feb. 21, a 21-year-old female told authorities that she responded to a Craiglist Ad reference purchasing a vehicle. She was instructed to get three Amazon gift cards for $500 each for the total $1,500 to purchase a vehicle that was promised to be delivered to her residence. She then found out it was a scam, attempted to redeem the money, but it was already gone.
• A theft report was made at 9:47 a.m. on Feb. 20. The incident took place at a business at the 1-99 block of West Main Street and the report lists a pink bag, black tennis shoes, and silver with black edge earrings as stolen.
• At 6:32 p.m. on Feb. 21, a theft report was made by a 51-year-old Wilmington female. The victim reported that $616 wasstolen from her.
• At 4:55 a.m. on Feb. 22, a caller advised that kids threw a brick through the window of the apartment next door at the 400 block of North Wood Street. Upon arrival, a 39-year-old female stated she and her son heard the glass break at the apartment and saw two juveniles running eastbound in the alley on the north side of the building.
• At 11:24 p.m. on Feb. 22, police responded to the 500 block of North Spring Street in Wilmington in response to a report of a 30-year-old male hitting a 28-year-old female in front of the address. According to the report, a metal tin and heroin were seized.
• At 10:18 a.m. on Feb. 23, while police were at the high school during an evacuation after a suspicious item was found, it was reported that during or after it someone has stolen some drinks from a cart that was left in the auditeria.
• At 1:28 p.m. on Feb. 23, police responded to the 1-99 block of East Sugartree Street on the report of reckless operation. Police spoke with a 21-year-old Sabina female who said a truck almost hit her car, where her child was sitting. She advised that the driver, described as a young white male, was rude when confronted.
• A 42-year-old Wilmington reported damage done to his vehicle while it was in his garage at 5:46 p.m. on Feb. 23.
• At 8:22 a.m. on Feb. 24, police responded to the 100 block of Cuba Road for a possible burglary. A 48-year-old woman stated that someone had slid the screen door partially open but was not able to get in. Police said that if it happens again to call 911.
• At 12:32 p.m. on Feb. 24, police responded to a two-vehicle crash at the 1700 block of Rombach Avenue. According to the report, a 32-year-old Xenia female was driving and failed to stop for stopped traffic at a red light on Rombach Avenue at Carrie Drive. The subject allegedly rear-ended a vehicle driven by a 55-year-old Wilmington female causing minor damage.
• At 8:01 p.m. on Feb. 24, a child abuse report was made with the police. A 24-year-old Wilmington male is listed as a suspect.
• Police responded to the 300 block of Thorne Avenue at 9:19 p.m. on Feb. 24 on the call of a possible overdose. According to the report, police located a 34-year-old female lying on the living room floor. The reportees stated they found her on the bathroom floor and moved her to the living room. EMS arrived and gave the still breathing. They gave her Narcan and transported to Clinton Memorial Hospital E.R.
• At 6:59 a.m. on Feb. 25, a 34-year-old Wilmington male reported that someone broke into his vehicle at the 200 block of Wexford Drive. The report lists a laptop with bag, a gym bag, and clothes as items taken.
• At 8:34 p.m. on Feb. 26, police responded to a theft complaint at the 500 block of Belmont Avenue. A 31-year-old female resident told authorities that 39-year-old male had resided with her off and on while dating for the last four months. She advised that here was an argument in which he poured coffee on her TV then left upset with a brown Coach purse which she claimed he got for as a gift. She stated that he also took a cell phone and VR goggles with him, she stated that the phone was in her name. The officer said he would inquire with the prosecutor about a theft charge but that charges may not be filled due to the male residing there off and on the last four months.
• At 9:07 a.m. on Feb. 26, police received a report about a theft of medication at a nursing and rehab center.
• At 5:42 p.m. on Feb. 26, police began an theft investigation that took place at 3oo block of Mulberry Street. The report lists a XO Vision X358 7” In-Dash Touchscreen DVD Receiver as the stolen item. The report lists two Pleasant Plain males, ages 41 and 40, as suspects.
Wilmington police also recently arrested or charged the following people:
• Agustin Cruz, 30, of Columbus, was arrested for alleged theft.
• Wesley Greene, 27, of Sabina, was arrested for alleged theft.
• Ashton Morris, 19, of Wilmington, was arrested for alleged domestic violence.
• Brandi Henderson, 44, of Sabina, was arrested for alleged possession of drug abuse instruments.
• Chad Smith, 30, of Clarksville, was arrested for alleged O.V.I.
• Kevin Alredge, Jr., 29, of Wilmington, was arrested for alleged domestic violence.
• Ciara Peterson, 24, of Leesburg, was arrested for allegedly possessing drug abuse instruments.
• Joshua Coleman, 38, of New Vienna, was arrested for allegedly driving under the influence of alcohol/drugs.
• Christopher Marshall, 24, of Wilmington, was arrested for alleged theft.
• James Goble, 42, of Wilmington, was arrested for alleged trespassing.
• Beau Maikut, 35, of Wilmington, was arrested for allegedly tampering with coin machines, and three counts of alleged theft.
• Reed Maikut, 34, of Wilmington, was arrested for alleged criminal damaging, allegedly tampering with coin machines, and alleged theft.
• Joshua Dettwiler, 25, of Greenfield, was arrested for alleged unauthorized use of a motor vehicle-joy riding.
• Damaal Lattimore, 24, of Wilmington, was arrested for alleged drug possession, domestic violence, and receiving stolen property.
• Marcus Johnson, 53, of Cedarville, was arrested for allegedly driving while under the influence of alcohol/drugs.
• Bruce Lee, 46, of Wilmington, was arrested for allegedly violating a protection order consent agreement.
• Ryan Bushorn, 21, of Aurora, Ind., was charged for alleged drug/narcotics violatons.
Reach John Hamilton at 937-382-2574
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU