WILMINGTON — The following information is obtained from the Clinton County Health Department and is compiled from inspection reports.
Violations are either critical or non-critical. Critical violations are more likely to contribute to food contamination, illness or an environmental health hazard, including inadequate cooking of food items or poor personal hygiene.
For a more detailed description of critical and non-critical violations, or to file a public health or food safety complaint about a restaurant, contact the Clinton County Health Department by calling 937-382-7221.
The following restaurants or food service establishments were inspected recently and violations/comments include:
• Max & Erma’s, 123 Gano Road, Wilmington. Feb. 23. Critical: Employee on prep line had beverage with no lid sitting on counter/cutting board. The following temperature violations were fond in the facility: Cole slaw, 45°F; sour cream on prep line, 46°F; pico on prep line, 50°F; pineapple salsa on prep line, 45°F; spicy mayo on prep line, 46°F; sliced tomatoes on prep line, 50°F; whipped cream on sundae bar, 61°F; Hershey’s syrup in bar and on sundae bar states must refrigerate after opening. All TCS foods must be kept cold at 41°F or below. There were cups in the parmesan cheese and the rice. In the salad/sandwich cooler and the burger topping coolers there were containers of food that were not labeled or dated.
The inside of the Whirlpool microwave the paint is bubbling and cracking. The Charbroiler grill is leaking water on the floor. The freezer with the cookie dough is leaking water on the floor. The small cooler in the bar with lemons/limes the seal is coming off around the door and the unit is pooling water on the floor. The prep sink in the back is not sealed to the wall. The seal/caulking around the wall at the server’s station is coming off.
Follow-up, March 23.
• Buffalo Wild Wings, 143 Fairway Drive, Wilmington. Feb. 22. Critical: There was no procedure posted for cleaning up vomiting/diarrhea in the facility. The stickers on the celery sticks and bags of cheese in the walk-in cooler were dated 1/22. The sanitizer solution in the dishwasher in the kitchen was 100 PPM or less.
The seal on the grill cooler is broken and coming of fin the back. Both microwaves in the kitchen have broken handle doors. There was rust on ceiling and walls of the chicken walk-in cooler. There was a build-up of ice on the condenser of the walk-in freezer. The seal is broken on the door of the walk-in freezer. There is broken floor tile near the back door. There was food on the floor throughout the kitchen area. There was trash on the floor under/beside shelving holding pop syrup. The wall behind the 3-compartment sink was dirty and had mildew on caulking around the sink. The cove molding was missing on the wall under the sink. There is mildew on the caulking around the prep sink.
Follow-up, March 22.
• MacD’s Pub, 1400 W. Main St., Wilmington. Feb. 22. Critical: There was a container of shrimp stored above cheesecake in the dessert refrigerator. There were wet towels on counter by soup warmer. The tomatoes (sliced) on the prep cooler were 46°F. The large container of bacon stored on the ledge above stove was at 105°F. The following items were found unlabeled and undated: In the walk-in cooler, hamburgers, shrimp, blue cheese, cocktail sauce, ranch, BBQ, sliced ham, soup, potato salad, sliced cooked potatoes, sliced raw potatoes, lettuce and brownies. In the prep cooler, corned beef, sauerkraut, etc.; in the pizza/salad cooler: pizza sauce, tomatoes and lettuce. The inside of all the microwaves in the kitchen were dirty.
There is black mildew on the ceiling of the walk-in cooler. The paint is chipping on the shelves of the walk-in cooler. Hood vents have accumulation of grease. The Supera cooler is propped up on wooden blocks. There was condensation build-up of walk-in freezer. Front of the ice maker is missing. There is a nonworking light in the kitchen. There is broken floor tile in the kitchen and in front of grill. Wall under the pizza oven is in disrepair. There is broken floor tile in the dry storage area.
Follow-up: March 22.
• McCoy’s Catering Service, 280 W. Curry Road, Wilmington. Feb. 23. No violations at this time.
• Brown’s Distribution, Main Street, Martinsville. March 2. Follow-up. Violations corrected: 3.4, 4.4. There is mold growth on walls and ceilings in the walk-in cooler. The walls and ceiling of the cooler are made of unfinished wood (pressboard) — 2nd violation. You can see light around outside of door of walk-in cooler. All doors leading to the outside must have tight seal to keep out pests — 2nd violation. The floor under pizza oven is coming apart — 2nd violation.
Follow-up: April 5.
• Wilmington College Sandella’s Flatbread Cafe, 256 College St., Wilmington. March 6. Follow-up. Violations corrected: 2.2, 2.4, 3.4, 3.2, 3.5, 4.8, 5.1. Thanks for cooperation.
• Wilmington College Dining Hall, Pyle Center, Wilmington. March 6. Follow-up. Violations corrected: 3.2, 3.4, 4.4, 6.4. The following require additional improvement: Sticker residues observed on clean equipment/food containers. Ignite grill area equipment has food debris accumulation. Continue to make improvements. Thank you for cooperation.
• New China Dragon, 103 E. Main St., Blanchester. March 7. Follow-up. The following violations have been corrected: 3.2, 4.5, 6.4. Thank you. (6.4) The floor in front of the 3-compartment sink has had new floor tiles put down to correct this area. There are still broken floor tiles under grill and prep areas (especially where the flooring changes, different types of floor tiles).
• McDonald’s, 201 W. Main St., Blanchester. March 7. Follow-up from complaint inspection of 2/21. Following violations corrected: 2.2, 3.4. Thank you.
• Clinton Memorial Hospital, 610 W. Main St., Wilmington. March 8. Follow-up. Violations corrected: 3.4, 4.1, 4.4, 6.4. Thanks for cooperation.
• Dairy Queen, 1093 Rombach Ave., Wilmington. (no date) Follow-up. Ice cream cakes not properly labeled with ingredients.
• 73 Grill, 3669 SR 380, Wilmington. March 8. Follow-up. Violations corrected: 2.4, 3.4, 4.4, 4.5, 4.8, 6.2, 6.4. Thanks for cooperation.
• El Dorado Mexican Restaurant, 1426 Rombach Ave., Wilmington. March 8. Follow-up. Violations corrected: 3.2, 3.4, 4.4, 6.2, 6.3, 7.0, 7.1, 6.4. The following need correction: Black residues observed on inner guard of ice making machine. Paper towel dispenser at hand sink near kitchen entry was not working (battery needs replaced or sensor needs repaired).
• Continental Manor Nursing & Rehab, 820 E. Center St., Blanchester. March 3. Follow-up. Violations corrected: 3.4, 4.4. Thanks for cooperation.
• Subway (inside Wal-Mart), 2825 SR 73 S, Wilmington. Feb. 23. Follow-up. Following violations have been corrected: 3.4 and 4.4. Thank you. The exit door at the back of the facility there is exposed drywall on the door casing.
• R+L Transfer, 600 Gilliam Road, Wilmington. March 1. Follow-up. All previous violations — 3.2, 3.4, 4.4, 4.5 and 6.4 — have been corrected. Thank you!
• Happy Wok, 1655 Rombach Ave., Wilmington. March 9. Follow-up. The following violations have been corrected: 2.3, 3.2, 3.4, 4.4 and 6.4. Thank you. There is smoke/grease smell in kitchen. Facility had fire inspection conducted. Hood/vent hood needs cleaned.
• Frisch’s Big Boy, 1341 Rombach Ave., Wilmington. Feb. 23. Critical: The following temperature violations were found in the facility; eggs on salad bar at 44°F, white gravy 120°F, yogurt at 51°F and apple sauce at 49°F on the fruit bar. Food items in walk-in, salad cooler and reach-in coolers in the kitchen had been dated, but were dated for 9 days or 10 days. Some food items had stickers with no dates. the facility did not have irreversible thermometer or test strips to check temperature of rinse water in mechanical dishwasher.
The walk-in freezer has ice build-up on unit and some food product. There are 2 lights out in the salad cooler. Inside of microwave beside the deep fryers is dirty. There was soda on the floor under the soda boxes in dry storage.
• Frisch’s Big Boy, 1341 Rombach Ave., Wilmington. March 9. Follow-up. The following violations have been corrected: 3.4, 4.6. 4.4, 4.5 and 6.4 Much improved. Thank you.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU