Some would say “It’s the most wonderful time of the year” — particularly if we are talking about March Madness, spring break, warmer temperatures … and the 2017 Wine Walk, which will be Friday, May 5 from 5:30-7:30 p.m. and 8-10 p.m.
Among the many Main Street Wilmington events, the Wine Walk is a crowd favorite.
This year we’re offering two distinct time slots to accommodate more walkers. This event has grown in popularity so much that it was time to expand the format to accommodate more of our Main Street friends and neighbors — you can choose between a 5:30-7:30 p.m. flight or an 8-10 p.m. flight and request tickets for your preferred time.
Ticket sales begin at 7 p.m. Thursday, March 23:
• Online-only tickets are $30 each, limit 8 tickets per customer.
• In-person ticket sales are 4-6 p.m. Friday, March 24 at the Main Street office — cash, check and credit cards accepted; $30 each, limit 8 tickets per customer.
• If any tickets are still available, they will be sold in-person 9-11 a.m. Saturday, March 25 at the Main Street office.
The Mural Parking Lot is where the night begins and ends, so plan to meet friends and fellow walkers there or just hang out and enjoy music and concessions for sale. Designated drivers can gather there as well while waiting for their friends and spouses.
• We also encourage anyone who is not walking to celebrate Cinco de Mayo with Fiesta Veracruz, or enjoy dinner at The General Denver or The Mediterranean downtown!
• Because the Wine Walk coincides with the Kentucky Derby weekend, walkers can enter our Derby Hat Contest to “Win, Place or Show.” Start planning your finest hat now in honor of Derby Day!
• Here Comes the Trolley! The Wine Walk Trolley will make a loop through downtown to pick up and drop off Wine Walkers at outlying locations. There is no additional cost for the Trolley, but you are welcome to tip the driver!
You can find more details about the Wine Walk and a complete list of participating businesses on our website www.mainstreetwilmington.com or on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/DowntownWilmington.
Also, please check out our April events, Downtown Resident Meet and Greet on Tuesday, April 4 and Strut Your Mutt Parade and Party on Saturday, April 22.
With all the fun event scheduled this spring, it truly is the most wonderful time of the year!