WILMINGTON — The following information is obtained from the Clinton County Health Department and is compiled from inspection reports.
Violations are either critical or non-critical. Critical violations are more likely to contribute to food contamination, illness or an environmental health hazard, including inadequate cooking of food items or poor personal hygiene.
For a more detailed description of critical and non-critical violations, or to file a public health or food safety complaint about a restaurant, contact the Clinton County Health Department by calling 937-382-7221.
The following restaurants or food service establishments were inspected recently and violations/comments include:
• Buffalo Wild Wings, 143 Fairway Drive, Wilmington. March 22. The following violations have been corrected: 2.4, 3.4, 4.4. The seal on the grill cooler is broken and coming off in the back of the lid. Both microwaves in the kitchen have broken door handles. There is rust on the ceiling and walls of the chicken walk-in cooler. There was a build-up of ice on the condenser of the walk-in freezer. The seal is broken on the door of the walk-in freezer. There is broken light cover in walk-in cooler. (2nd Notice on all violations) There is broken floor tile by the back door. There was food on the floor throughout the facility. There was trash on the floor under/beside the shelving holding pop syrup. The wall behind the 3-compartment sink was dirty and had mildew on the caulking around the sink. The cove molding was missing on the wall under the sink. There is mildew on the caulking around the prep sink. (2nd Notice on all 6 violations) While conducting re-inspection and washing my hands, 3 gnats flew past me. Spoke with manager regarding this problem, He said that they had Terminix treat facility. You may need to call exterminating company to increase frequency of treatments to rid facility of gnats.
Follow-up: April 25.
• Roberts Centre, 123 Gano Road, Wilmington. March 24. Consultation/indoor music festival. Critical: Observed displays of ice, tomato, lettuce, onion, jalapeno peppers, in open containers offered self-service to customers. (no sneezeguards or similar protection). Sliced tomato: 42°F; sliced tomato #2, 46°F (display platter). Commercial packaged popsicles in freezer for retail sale are not labeled for individual retail sale (missing labels). Packaged sandwiches, potato salad, pasta salad, etc. by FSO offered for retail sale are missing labels.
Tongs observed in ice. Tongs are used by customers for self-service (must be maintained with handle above ice). Ingredient/allergen information was not posted or available for bulk baked goods on display for customer self-service. Corrected.
• Happy Wok, 1655 Rombach Ave., Wilmington. March 21. Complaint. Received complaint regarding egg rolls being fried in “old grease.” Egg roll tasted fine? Changing grease in deep fryers once a week. Making egg rolls once a week, stored in walk-in cooler and pulled and prepared as needed. Everything looks fine. No issues with this complaint.
• Dollar Tree, 1215 Rombach Ave., Wilmington. March 21. No violations. Thank you.
• Family Dollar Store, 305 E. Main St., Wilmington. March 21. No written procedure for cleaning up vomiting and diarrhea. Note: Lots of front covering pint of ice cream in freezer.
• Food Mart, 149 W. Washington St., Sabina. March 21. Critical: No employee certified in Class II food safety.
There is a cup being used as a scoop in the bulk sugar bag. There is no thermometer in the Habco reach-in cooler. There are four non-working lights in the reach-in cooler. There is no working light in the 7-Up cooler. The cabinet under the “Monster” drinks, door is coming off. There is trash on floor of back room area. There is trash on floor of walk-in cooler. Counter is broken/coming apart by handwashing sink/Pepsi machine. Note: Lots of equipment and dry goods that are no longer used in facility.
Follow-up: April 25.
• Autumn Years Nursing Center, 580 E. Washington St., Sabina. March 21. Follow-up. All previous violations have been corrected. Thank you.
• Family Dollar Store, 140 West St., New Vienna. March 22. No procedure posted for cleaning up vomiting/diarrhea. There were two containers of fruit punch dated March 11 and one container of Half & Half dated March 21.
• New Vienna Elementary School, 301 E. Church St., New Vienna. March 22. No violations. Everything looks good. Thank you!
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU