WILMINGTON — The following information comes from incident reports provided by the Clinton County Sheriff’s Office. All those arrested are presumed innocent until possibly proven guilty in court.
The sheriff’s office recently processed the following reports:
• At 3 p.m. on April 9, the Sheriff’s Office received a report of a stolen firearm. According to the report, a Sturm Ruger 9mm Luger was stolen from the unidentified victim’s truck at his resident on Rapid Ford Road in New Vienna.
• At 5 p.m. on April 7, a deputy was dispatched to the 900 block of Sycamore Road in Midland for theft of a firearm. A 49-year-old male resident stated his 9mm model C9 High Point firearm was taken between Friday night and Saturday morning.
• Deputies were dispatched to the 600 block of East Mt. Pleasant at 12:24 p.m. on April 4, in reference to a stolen vehicle. The report lists a red 2006 Chevy as the stolen vehicle.
• At 6:37 p.m. on April 4, a 27-year-old female told deputies that an inmate at the Clinton County Sheriff’s Office attempted to have her paid off in regards to a pending case.
• At 10:42 a.m. on April 7, a 9-year-old Wilmington male advised authorities that a 12-year-old male assaulted him.
• Deputies received a complaint from a 29-year-old Sabina male, at 1:41 p.m. on April 7. He advised that he was assaulted several times by a 13-year-old male.
• At 3:05 p.m. on April 9, deputies performed a traffic stop on U.S. 68 North for multiple left of center violations. According to the report, further investigation led to the female driver being arrested for alleged O.V.I. and drug paraphernalia. An 18-year-old Xenia male was cited for drug possession, and a 17-year-old Xenia male was cited for drugs and drug paraphernalia.
• Deputies were dispatched to the 100 block of State Route 72 North in Reesville for a theft complaint, at 12:57 p.m. on April 9. According to the report, a 75-year-old male resident stated that an “antique garden wagon” was taken from his yard sometime last week.
Sheriff’s deputies recently charged the following people:
• Brandon Jones, 22, of Jamestown, was charged with improperly handling firearms in a motor vehicle. According to the report, during a traffic stop on State Route 350 East, at 4:49 a.m. on April 9, a deputy reportedly located a rifle on the floorboard in the back of the vehicle. The report lists it as a Savage Mark II .22 bolt action rifle. According to the report, a loaded magazine and a glass jar with marijuana were located on the front passenger side floorboard. Deputies also reported they located a bag containing marijuana, a glass jar, and a hand roller in the center console.
• Billie Shoemaker, 39, of Clarksville, was charged with domestic violence. At 1:09 p.m. on April 9, a deputy responded to the 4800 block of State Route 350 West, Clarksville, in reference to a possible domestic dispute that occurred on April 8. The victim listed is a 31-year-old female resident who, according to the report, had apparent minor injuries.
• Ryan Campbell, 24, of Port William, was charged with possessing drug abuse instruments. At 1:34 p.m. on April 9, deputies were advised of an incident at the 600 block of West Main Street in Wilmington where a deputy was stuck with a syringe while conducting a pat-down.
• Christy Jones, 31, of Mason, was charged with possession of drug abuse instruments. At 1 a.m. on April 11, during a traffic stop on U.S. 22 West near Ogden Road in Wilmington, a deputy found a male driver to be allegedly suspended and Jones allegedly in possession of drug abuse instruments.
Reach John Hamilton at 937-382-2574