Throwback Thursday: Flag tower


On August 1, 1898, the Wilson Flag Tower, on the northwest corner of Main and North South streets, was dedicated. The frame was 18 feet square at the base and tapered to a height of 120 feet, with a flag staff 30 feet high. The Flag Tower was a gift from A. J. Wilson, president of First National Bank. The tower was disassembled in late 1920. Photo courtesy of Clinton County History Center, www.clintoncountyhistory.org.


Courtesy photo

On August 1, 1898, the Wilson Flag Tower, on the northwest corner of Main and North South streets, was dedicated. The frame was 18 feet square at the base and tapered to a height of 120 feet, with a flag staff 30 feet high. The Flag Tower was a gift from A. J. Wilson, president of First National Bank. The tower was disassembled in late 1920. Photo courtesy of Clinton County History Center, www.clintoncountyhistory.org.

On August 1, 1898, the Wilson Flag Tower, on the northwest corner of Main and North South streets, was dedicated. The frame was 18 feet square at the base and tapered to a height of 120 feet, with a flag staff 30 feet high. The Flag Tower was a gift from A. J. Wilson, president of First National Bank. The tower was disassembled in late 1920. Photo courtesy of Clinton County History Center, www.clintoncountyhistory.org.
http://aimmedianetwork.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/22/2017/04/web1_FlagPole.jpgOn August 1, 1898, the Wilson Flag Tower, on the northwest corner of Main and North South streets, was dedicated. The frame was 18 feet square at the base and tapered to a height of 120 feet, with a flag staff 30 feet high. The Flag Tower was a gift from A. J. Wilson, president of First National Bank. The tower was disassembled in late 1920. Photo courtesy of Clinton County History Center, www.clintoncountyhistory.org. Courtesy photo