WILMINGTON — The following report is generated from reports provided by the Wilmington Police Department. All those arrested are presumed innocent until possibly proven guilty in court. Incidents are presumed to be under investigation. Charges may be dropped or changed in court.
Wilmington police recently processed the following reports:
• At 4:23 p.m. on May 30, a 57-year-old Sabina male reported a GPS unit and charger was stolen from his vehicle overnight at the 400 block of Randolph Street in Wilmington.
• At 7:38 p.m. on May 30, a 57-year-old male from East Tawas, Michigan, reported a GPS was stolen from his vehicle at the 500 block of Randolph Street.
• At 8:40 p.m. on May 30, a 32-year-old female reported that her son’s 20-inch black/orange Mongoose bike was missing. According to the report, she stated it was on the front porch at their residence, the 600 block of North South Street, a couple of days ago and she “just now noticed it was gone.” On June 1, police detained the suspect, a 19-year-old Wilmington male, for alleged marijuana possession. Authorities asked him about the bike and they report the suspect admitted to stealing the bicycle somewhere on North South Street. The bike was recovered and returned to the owner.
• Police responded to the 700 block of Rombach Avenue at 2:05 a.m. on May 31 on the report of a male “tearing” items in the backyard. According to the report, when they arrived they found a 28-year-old Bowersville male unconscious and allegedly overdosing. The male was transported to Clinton Memorial Hospital. Police reported they gathered a hypodermic needle, caps, and a plastic container with a white powder as evidence.
• Police responded to an auto repair shop on North Nelson Avenue on a theft report at 3:25 p.m. on May 31. According to the report, a 42-year-old male reported that the tailgate of a truck was stolen. The truck belonged to a 51-year-old Wilmington male. The report indicates that “whoever removed the tailgate left their tools behind.” Police recovered a screwdriver and a pair of needle nose pliers.
• Property damage at the 100 block of High Street was reported to police at 4:26 p.m. on June 2. The report lists locks as the damaged items.
• At 11:03 p.m. on June 2, during a traffic stop on Rombach Avenue for a license plate light violation, the officer detected a smell of marijuana. The K9 officer was broughtd to the scene and indicated the vehicle driver’s door. The officer found a marijuana pipe, a marijuana grinder with marijuana, and one pack of rolling papers. The driver, a 19-year-old West Portsmouth male, was summoned to court for marijuana possession.
• At 4:22 p.m. on May 29, a 25-year-old Sabina female reported that her wallet was missing.
• At 1:57 p.m. on May 30, police received a report of an alleged domestic assault taking place at the 100 block of West Truesdell Street. A 25-year-old female resident is listed as a suspect.
• Police responded to the report of multiple subjects on the roof of a restaurant at 12:36 a.m. on June 3. According to the report, when officers arrived they discovered multiple subjects walking on the roof, then they climbed down. After all the subjects were down, officers checked the roof. Officers found a marijuana bong, a cigarette pack that contained marijuana, and a shopping bag with fireworks and cookies. Police spoke with the restaurant’s general manager who said they would talk to another manager about possible charges.
• At 6:23 a.m. on June 3, police responded to a possible overdose at the 200 block of A Street. A 47-year-old male was transported to Clinton Memorial Hospital for treatment. The male was later taken into custody upon release for a probation violation.
• At 9:16 p.m. on June 3, police to a drug reference at the 300 block of Prairie Avenue. According to the report, police seized two plastic bags with metal tins containing drugs.
Wilmington police also recently charged the following p1eople:
• Patrick Butts, 40, of Wilmington, was charged with allegedly obstructing official business.
• Shelley Chatterton, 41, of Wilmington, was charged with alleged theft.
• Lucas Viars, 22, of Wilmington, was charged with alleged assault.
• Tyler Viars, 30, of Leesburg, was charged with alleged assault.
• Bradley Reid, 21, of Wilmington, was charged with alleged theft.
• Crystal Greene, 42, of Wilmington, was charged with alleged assault.
• Charley Cordy, 31, of Wilmington, was charged with alleged criminal trespass-failure to leave.
• Ryan Foster, 32, of Hillsboro, was charged with alleged marijuana possession, allegedly driving under the influence and an alleged stop light violation.
• Nicklaus Seiker, 23, of Beavercreek, was charged with alleged theft.
• Jordan Benedict, 26, of West Seneca, N.Y., was charged with alleged theft.
• Jo Myers, 69, of Wilmington, was charged with alleged criminal trespass.
• Michelle Doyle, 33, of New Vienna, was charged with alleged complicity.
• Christopher Conger, 25, of Wilmington, was charged with alleged illegal use/possession of drug paraphernalia.
• Chance Carson, 22, of Martinsville, was charged with alleged criminal mischief and allegedly resisting arrest.
• Seth Adams, 26, of Lynchburg, was charged with alleged theft.
• Heather Younker, 40, of Wilmington, was charged with alleged drug possession.
• Cynthia Hughes, 32, of Wilmington, was charged with alleged drug paraphernalia and alleged possession of dangerous drugs.
Reach John Hamilton at 937-382-2574
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU