WILMINGTON — The following report is generated from incident reports provided by the Wilmington Police Department. All those arrested are presumed innocent until possibly found guilty in court. Charges may be dropped or changed in court.
Wilmington police recently processed the following reports:
• At 1:08 a.m. on Sept. 15 police responded to a theft report at the 100 block of B Street. A 19-year-old Mount Orab female advised she left her wallet on her bed and when she went to look for it she noticed it was missing. The victim stated she told a friend whose stepbrother allegedly said he was going to take it. The victim believed the suspect took the contents of the wallet and then dumped it.
• Police were dispatched to a Wilmington residence on the report of a juvenile with possession of drugs. According to the report, the 15-year-old boy’s parent found him smoking marijuana in his bed. The parent also said they found a marijuana pipe and pills he took from another relative. The parent advised that the juvenile had a problem with looking up “14-year-old pornography.” Police advised the juvenile that even though he is 15-years-old he is still in possession of child pornography. The officer was also advised of various instances of alleged inappropriate sexual behavior by the juvenile. Police suggested that the juvenile be taken to Clinton Memorial Hospital for a drug test. Police also suggested an unruly charge be filed against him, and that he seek counseling for his inappropriate behavior. Police collected the marijuana and paraphernalia, the boy’s computer and three different cell phones.
• At 11:33 a.m. on Sept. 15, a 56-year-old Lynchburg woman reported a theft that took place at the 1-99 block of West Vine Street in Wilmington. The report doesn’t list what items were stolen but lists a 36-year-old Dayton male as a suspect.
• Police responded to the 900 block of West Main Street at 5:24 p.m. on Sept. 15 on the report of an overdose. According to the report, a 23-year-old female was transported to Clinton Memorial Hospital after reportedly turning blue and not breathing.
• At 6:33 p.m. on Sept. 15, police responded to the 200 block of Grant Street on a theft report. Police spoke with a 62-year-old female resident who advised 11 fence panels and 10 fence posts were stolen from her property.
• At 6:53 p.m. on Sept. 15, police began an investigation of a shoplifting that occurred at a store on Progress Way.
• The Wilmington Police K9 unit was used during a traffic stop on Prairie Avenue at 10:40 p.m. on Sept. 15. According to the report, police seized two smoking pipes, rolling paper, a Pelican case, and marijuana. A 34-year-old Midland male was charged with drug/narcotics violations.
• At 7:47 p.m. on Sept. 16, police responded to the 800 block of West Main Street on the report that a 23-year-old female had collapsed on the sidewalk and had shallow breathing. A 25-year-old female who was present said she was overdosing but no narcotics were located on the victim. Officers transported the victim to Clinton Memorial Hospital where Narcan was administered in the ER. The victim came to and spoke with the hospital staff.
• Police responded to a heroin overdose at the 900 block of West Locust Street at 1:29 a.m. on Sept. 17. Officers observed a 27-year-old man lying on the living room floor with labored breathing. The victim managed to recover before Narcan was administered by emergency services personnel. He was then transported to the Clinton Memorial Hospital.
• At 11:04 a.m. on Sept. 17, police responded to a theft report at the 100 block of Midway Drive. According to the report, a 38-year-old male resident said he was working in his backyard and left his saw outside and his shed open. He advised that his saw and chainsaw were missing.
• Police responded to a property damage report at a restaurant on East Main Street at 8:41 p.m. on Sept. 17. According to the report, the power box was tampered with.
Wilmington police recently charged the following people:
• Jonah Reed, 19, of Wilmington, was charged with alleged theft.
• Heather Winters, 30, of Washington Court House, was charged with alleged theft and criminal tool possession.
• Craig Mosier, 58, of Washington Court House, was charged with alleged complicity, illegal use/possession of drug paraphernalia, and drug abuse instrument possession.
• Chris Marsden, 55, of Wilmington, was charged with allegedly driving under the influence.
Reach John Hamilton at 937-382-2574.