The Clinton County Solid Waste Management District recently hosted its Annual Recycled Christmas Ornament Contest for Clinton County students in grades K-5.
For this competition, students are asked to create Christmas ornaments out of recyclable or reusable materials. The best ornaments in each homeroom class are submitted to the county level of the competition to be judged by the county commissioners. The top 10 ornaments are then selected as overall county winners.
All classroom winners receive various prizes and get to have their ornaments displayed on the courthouse Christmas tree. Overall county winners receive additional prizes and will be recognized at a Holiday Awards Ceremony scheduled for Tuesday, Dec. 5.
The 2017 winners and their schools are:
• Putman Elementary: Grayson Goldschmidt, Elijah Burlile, Brooklyn Jones, Camryn Vogel and Cayden Krekeler.
• East End Elementary: Justin Scarberry.
• Blanchester Intermediate: Logan Waldren and Sammy McEntire.
• New Vienna Elementary: Abigail Prater.
• Clinton-Massie Elementary: Nyah Migal.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU