WILMINGTON — The following information is obtained from the Clinton County Health Department and is compiled from inspection reports.
Violations are either critical or non-critical. Critical violations are more likely to contribute to food contamination, illness or an environmental health hazard, including inadequate cooking of food items or poor personal hygiene.
For a more detailed description of critical and non-critical violations, or to file a public health or food safety complaint about a restaurant, contact the Clinton County Health Department by calling 937-382-7221.
The following restaurants or food service establishments were inspected recently and violations/comments include:
• Chubby’s Pizza & Dairy Point, 604 N. Broadway St., Blanchester, Dec. 27. Critical: Hand sink is not connected to plumbing in restroom. No hand sink is available in restroom. Hand sink has been unavailable since end of summer/early fall?
Open bag of pretzel buns in walk-in cooler. Cinnamon sugar and powdered sugar in storage container missing label. Date mark missing in cole slaw in walk-in cooler. Microwave is not commercial/NSF. Sanitizer test strips unavailable. Light missing/nonworking in Pepsi reach-in 2-door cooler. Sticker/sticker residues found on clean containers. Food debris accumulated in the following: shelf in pizza make line cooler; chocolate warmer; air dry rack; tabletop can opener. Protective coating on reach-in cooler needs to be removed. Clean to-go containers stored near mop sink. Exit door does not seal. Hand soap unavailable in restroom. Dust, cobwebs, grease accumulated in vent hood. Food/debris observed on shelf next to pizza oven, under Pepsi cases (ice cream area), under soft-serve equipment, prep table with slicer. Ceiling above hot water heater has damage (roof leak?).
Follow-up: Jan. 5.
• Chubby’s Pizza, 604 N. Broadway St., Blanchester, Jan. 5. Follow-up. Five previous violations were corrected. The following need improvement: Microwave is not commercial/NSF. Quat. sanitizer test strips unavailable. Light missing/nonworking in Pepsi reach-in 2-door cooler. Food debris accumulated/staining on hot chocolate warmer warmer, tabletop can opener and air dry rack. Exit door does not seal when closed. Ceiling above hot water heater has damage.
Follow-up: Feb. 3.
• Ron’s Place, 126 S. Broadway St., Blanchester, Jan. 5. Employee beverages on prep table missing lids. Spoon found inside closed container of cole slaw. Duct tape found on spatula handle. Ice build-up in reach-in freezer. Black residues observed on inner guard of ice machine. Cloth towels used in kitchen (hand drying/dishes?). Coats observed on equipment. Paint missing on kitchen floor. Light bulb missing in ceiling fixture near 3-door cooler. Trim missing/insulation exposed at rear exit door. Floor tile throughout facility damaged. Water on floor in room near soda bib. Grease accumulated on oven, floor and near fryer. Grease accumulated on floor/freezer near smaller fryer.
Critical: Raw bacon stored above lettuce. Raw burger patties stored above orange juice gallons. Corrected. Chili 45°F, hash browns °F, blue cheese 44°F (3-door reach-in). Cold TCS foods must be maintained at 41°F or less to prevent pathogen growth. Air gap is not at ice machine and soda fountain at bar (towel is stuck in drain pipe?). Air gap must be present to prevent contamination from sewer backup. Spray bottles with bleach water missing labels. Corrected.
Follow-up: Jan. 19.
• Taco Bell, 1701 Rombach, Wilmington, Jan. 2. Complaint. Received complaint that facility didn’t have water, no beverages, no bathrooms. Arrived at facility at 1:15 p.m. Spoke with manager regarding no water. Manager stated that soda machine lines were frozen. Working on thawing lines now. Facility has water to all sinks and bathrooms. Facility not serving beverages (on Jan. 2). Were to thaw lines and flush out soda machine prior to selling beverages.
• J&D’s Market, 5205 SR 22/3, Dec. 21. Top of prep cooler lid coming apart. Ice build-up on floor of walk-in freezer. Six nonworking lights in reach-in coolers.
Follow-up: Approx. Jan. 18.
• J&D Corner Market, 5205 SR 22/3, Jan. 2. Follow-up. Ice machine inspected and ready for use. Can start bagging and selling ice.
• Dairy Queen, 1093 Rombach, Wilmington, Dec. 20. Critical: Following products were found to be out-of-date: 4 bags of graham base 12/17/17; cake pieces 12/19/17; chopped peanuts 12/19/17.
Follow-up: Approx. Jan. 18.
• McDonald’s, 1272 Rombach, Wilmington, Jan. 9. Follow-up. Seven violations were corrected. Thank you. The Traulsen reach-in cooler is broken and not working. Outside of frappe machine and McCafe area is dirty and has debris on outside of machine. There are gnats in self-serve beverage area, above order counter and around McCafe area. Keeping area clean will help with this problem.
Follow-up: Feb. 6.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU