WILMINGTON — The following information is obtained from the Clinton County Health Department and is compiled from inspection reports.
Violations are either critical or non-critical. Critical violations are more likely to contribute to food contamination, illness or an environmental health hazard, including inadequate cooking of food items or poor personal hygiene.
For a more detailed description of critical and non-critical violations, or to file a public health or food safety complaint about a restaurant, contact the Clinton County Health Department by calling 937-382-7221.
The following restaurants or food service establishments were inspected recently and violations/comments include:
• McDonald’s, 5843 US 68 N, Wilmington, Jan. 18. Still working in dry storage and in dining room on lighting. In the drive-thru area the small window at back is unfinished; no tile, exposed wood. By the back drive-thru window there is yellow wiring with cover that is not attached to wall area. Still working on drive-thru. All tiling work in kitchen must be completed after hours! Any additional wiring or work in kitchen must be completed after hours!
The two ladies with headsets on do not have any hair restraints. The dishwasher, during the rinse cycle, is leaking water onto the floor. Front ice machine has dust and sawdust debris on the outside of the machine. The floor behind the counter is cracked and chipped in a couple different spots. There is sawdust on floor and shelving in dry storage area. There is extra equipment stored in dry storage area. There are tools and tool boxes stored in dry storage area. Wall behind the 3-compartment sink is dirty. Glass around the McCafe station is dirty.
Critical: Inside top ledge of front ice machine has some black residue on it.
Follow-up: Approx. Feb. 15.
• Gold Star Chili, 942 Cherry St., Blanchester, Jan. 19. Follow-up. Three previous violations corrected. Verification demonstrating employees know when to report illness unavailable. Pan of cheese in walk-in cooler uncovered. Handle missing cover/broken under counter freezer. Microwave missing glass plate and hole on inner side. Cover over sausage links/bun compartment at steam table is broken/has rusty screws. Scotch tape used as repair on counter at steam table. Door seal damaged on Continental cooler. Coating peeling on Rockstar cooler. Black residues accumulated on inner guard of ice-making machine. Cove trim damaged by steam table trash can/Continental cooler. Board damaged (not smooth/easy to clean) at mix machine. Lights nonworking in walk-in cooler, kitchen and vent hood. Light cover cracked/damaged above warewash machine. Wall light switch cover damaged next to cheese grater. Shelf units above 3-sink rusty. Old equipment on storage shelf needs cleaning and/or removed from premise. Comments: Last year there were claims of a proposed remodel of facility. Facility repairs must take place. At this time there are no plans submitted to Health District about remodel. Until this happens, with a clear date for construction, license holder needs to fix facility and/or equipment.
Critical: Pepsi drain lines are down in floor drain/missing air gap. Sprayer at 3-sink was found down in sink.
Follow-up: March 2.
• R&L Transfer, 600 Gilliam Road, Wilmington, Jan. 18. Critical: Cake on salad bar at 63-67°F (cake comes frozen, stored in cooler and has cream filling). Chinese noodles in dry storage in Ziploc bag not dated.
There were chunks of ice (dripping from condenser) on the top shelves in walk-in freezer. Drain from the Pepsi machine is not air gapped. Drain from ice machine (in Pepsi machine) is below the air gap drain. There are six small holes in wall above 3-compartment sink. Front of white cabinets in kitchen have splash/dirt build-up.
Follow-up: Approx. Feb. 15.
• General Denver Hotel, 81 W. Main St., Wilmington, Jan. 17. Thermometer missing/needed replaced in coolers. Corrected. Trash can was too close to tongs for food holding in warmers. Light nonworking above warewash machine. Grout worn in areas in kitchen.
• Fiesta Veracruz, 37 W. Locust St., Wilmington, Jan. 9. Follow-up. 11 previous violations corrected. The following need improvement/correction: Wall paint damaged in mop room. Thanks for cooperation!
• Beaugards’s Southern BBQ, 975 S. South St., Wilmington, Jan. 9. Tape used as repair on scraper. Lowe’s bucket used for ice. Cloth was used under storage of to-go containers and lids.
Critical: Shredded pork: 120°F (warmer) Hot foods shall be maintained 135°F or above to prevent pathogen growth.
• Cpl. James H. Smithson VFW, 1130 N. Lincoln St., Wilmington, Jan. 17. Level 2 certification unavailable. Paper towels unavailable at bar hand sink. Light ceiling fixtures in stock room not working properly.
Critical: Bologna, hot dogs, etc. missing date marks. Corrected.
• Brown’s Distribution, 100 Main St., Martinsville, Jan. 19. Level 2 certification unavailable. Verification demonstrating employees know when to report illness unavailable. Taco meat missing date mark. Door seals on pizza make line cooler damaged. Box of ice cream cones on floor. Floor tile near food counter damaged. 2×4 wood in walk-in cooler is not sealed. Duct tape covering cord in kitchen floor?
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU