In the final home match of the season, the Wilmington High School tennis team fell to Waynesville 3-2 on the WHS courts.
Seniors Matt Keiter, Austin Embree and Sam Stephenson played the three singles matches for the Hurricane.
Keiter posted a 7-6 (7-3), 6-1 win.
“Matt is on fire right now,” WHS coach Steve Reed said.
Brady Henry and Jonathan Fender, a pair of freshmen, notched a 6-3, 6-1 win at first doubles for WHS.
May 5, 2016
@Wilmington High School
Waynesville 3 Wilmington 2
• Matt Keiter def Jake Trapp 7-6 (7-3) 6-1
• Austin Embree was def by Danny Mayper 6-7 (3-7) 1-6
• Sam Stephenson was def by Ben Muth 1-6, 0-6
• Brady Henry, Jonathan Fender def Ryan Teeters, Seth Sturgill 6-3, 6-1
• Jack Romer, Drew Moyer were def by Kyle Baflod, Nick Young 3-6, 1-6
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU