LEES CREEK — Allison Brooks remained unbeaten at 10-0 Thursday as she led Wilmington to a 5-0 win over East Clinton in South Central Ohio League tennis action on the EC courts.
Wilmington is 6-4 overall and 5-0 in the SCOL.
Brooks was a 6-0, 6-0 winner and improved to 10-0 on the year.
“Allison is firing on all cylinders right now, which is exciting going into our invitational Saturday,” said WHS coach Doug Cooper. “When her serve is on, like it was tonight, look out.”
Cooper said Kalista Adkins and Veronica Ilg at first doubles “have really found their groove” while Mai Cooper had “one of her best nights of the year” in a victory at second singles. Sophie Reed and Summer Payne “simply would not give up against a very persistent duo in (Shelby) Michael and (Kylee) Hidy from Esat Clinton.”
“I feel very good about this team heading into our invitational Saturday and preparing for league rival Chillicothe on Tuesday,” said Cooper.
Aug 27, 2015
@East Clinton HS
Wilmington 5, East Clinton 0
• Allison Brooks 12 (WHS) d. Allison Tong 12 6-0, 6-0
• Mai Cooper 12 (WHS) d. Marissa Williams 12 6-0, 6-4
• Katie Schroeder 11 (WHS) d. Courtney Graves 11 6-0, 6-2
• Kalista Adkins 11/Veronica Ilg 11 (WHS) d. Brooke Vineyard 11/Bre Davis 10 6-2, 6-1
• Summer Payne 11/Sophie Reed 10 (WHS) d. Shelby Michael 10/Kylee Hidy 10 7-5, 7-6(0)
Emma Schroeder won 8-1
Joanna Gonzalez won 8-3
Emily Davis/Zane Bekheet won 8-1
Reach Mark Huber at 937-556-5765, or on Twitter @wnjsports.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU