BLANCHESTER — The Blanchester High School tennis team took a step in the right direction Thursday for a league championship with a 4-1 win over Felicity on the BHS courts.
Both teams were unbeaten in league play going into the match. The Wildcats are now 7-5 overall and 3-0 in the Southern Buckeye Athletic & Academic Conference National Division.
Felicity drops to 2-1 in league play.
“We are extremely happy with the victory,” said BHS coach Scott Shepard. “Everyone played really well and defeated very good opponents. The results today could very easily have gone the other way. Felicity is a very good team.”
Jake Miller went to a third set, actually a tiebreaker format, and posted a 4-6, 6-4, 10-6 win at first singles.
“We will have to be prepared to play better on the road (at Felicity) next Thursday because they will be ready to go,” Shepard said.
April 20, 2017
@Blanchester High School
Blanchester 4 Felicity 1
• Jake Miller def Jared Boeckman 4-6, 6-4, 10-6
• Wesley Mitchell def Ethan Brown 6-3, 6-3
• Ian Heeg was def by Alex Baird 1-6, 0-6
• Hunter Miller, Hunter Collier def Joey Glassmeyer, Quinten Haas 6-4, 6-3
• Cody McCollister, Tanner Kellerman def Logan Cumby, Nathan Bucklert 6-3, 6-2