A Hillsboro man arrested last month following allegations that he had raped a juvenile has been indicted by the July session of a Highland County grand jury.
Edward L. Conant Jr., 46, faces two counts of first-degree felony rape, as well as two counts of third-degree felony gross sexual imposition.
The indictment filed on Tuesday alleges that Conant engaged in sexual conduct with a juvenile from June 2010 to August 2014. In 2010, the child was 7 years old. According to the indictment, it appears that all of the charges pertain to the same child.
Conant remains in the county jail and is currently being held on a $75,000 bond.
Also indicted on Tuesday was John David Ralston, 47, Greenfield. He is charged with first-degree felony possession of heroin, fifth-degree felony aggravated possession of methamphetamine, two counts of fifth-degree felony receiving stolen property, and one count of fourth-degree felony receiving stolen property.
As previously reported by The Times-Gazette, in April Ralston was arrested after a search of his Jefferson Street residence turned up reportedly stolen items and a “large amount” of what police believed to be heroin.
According to the indictment on the heroin possession charge, Ralston is alleged to have had at least 50 grams of heroin, but less than 250 grams of the controlled substance.
Amanda Leigh Cassner, 31, Hillsboro, was among the individuals indicted Tuesday and was charged with two counts of fifth-degree felony pandering obscenity.
As reported by The Times-Gazette last month, the charges stem from allegations that Cassner shared media online that shows a dog and herself engaged in sexual activity.
The affidavit filed in June states that “it was found that the state of Ohio has no bestiality laws at this time but posting the video online does fall under pandering obscenity.”
Individuals also indicted by the July grand jury are as follows:
• William Kelch, 35, Middletown, charged with two counts of nonsupport, both fifth-degree felonies;
• Andrew Phillip Ward, 19, Greenfield, charged with fifth-degree felony heroin possession;
• Dakota N. Miller, 24, Greenfield, charged with illegal assembly or possession of chemicals for the manufacture of drugs, a third-degree felony;
• Gary Branson Wayne Watson, 22, Greenfield, charged with third-degree felony gross sexual imposition;
• David S. Murray, 48, Greenfield, charged with fifth-degree felony aggravated possession of meth;
• Dustin Selby, 24, New Holland, charged with second-degree felony burglary and misdemeanor theft;
• Kristin Shay Price, 24, Hillsboro, charged with second-degree felony burglary and misdemeanor theft;
• Terry M. Yankie, 61, Lynchburg, charged with three counts of receiving stolen property, all fourth-degree felonies;
• Brandy R. Randolph, 37, Sardinia, charged with aggravated possession of drugs, a fifth-degree felony;
• Kylee Jo Whitten, 27, Leesburg, charged with fifth-degree felony possession of heroin;
• Arnold T. Huntsman, 39, Greenfield, charged with selling, purchasing, distributing or delivering dangerous drugs, a fifth-degree felony;
• Carolyn M. Mootispaw, aka Macey Mootispaw, 24, Washington C.H., charged with fifth-degree felony breaking and entering.
Reach Angela Shepherd at 937-393-3456, ext. 1681, or on Twitter @wordyshepherd.