WILMINGTON — A 37-year-old Greene County man could face life in prison for the alleged rape of a then-10 or 11-year-old girl.
Devin Marshall, 37, of Wilberforce, was indicted recently for two counts of alleged rape against that girl and for alleged gross sexual imposition against a then-14-year-old girl, according to court documents and the Ohio Attorney General’s Office.
If convicted, each of the first-degree felony rape charges is punishable by a minimum of 10 years and a maximum of life in prison.
The reported rapes allegedly occurred between May 1, 2007 and Dec. 31, 2008, making the alleged victim now 18. The reported imposition allegedly occurred earlier this year.
Marshall was released from the Clinton County Jail on bond. While out on bond, court records indicate, he is not allowed to contact the alleged victims, drink alcohol or use drugs of abuse.
Marshall is represented by Jay Adams, a Xenia attorney.
Assistant Attorney General Eric Michener is prosecuting the case.
Most of the grand jury’s indictments charged people with drug-related crimes. Also included are a few theft-related charges, a charge of driving while under the influence, a charge of domestic violence and a charge of assaulting a peace officer.
Those indicted are presumed innocent until proven guilty. Charges may be dropped or amended in court.
The following were also recently indicted and face charges in Clinton County Common Pleas Court:
• Christopher Ogden, 33, of Blanchester, aggravated possession of drugs, possession of marijuana and failure to comply with order or signal of a police officer.
• Arnold Davis Jr., 52, of Wilmington, domestic violence.
• Brandi Tell, 35, of Wilmington, possession of heroin and aggravated possession of drugs.
• Ashley Huffman, 27, of Wilmington, aggravated possession of drugs.
• Christopher Stewart, 25, of Wilmington, aggravated possession of drugs.
• Ricky Johnson Jr., 35, of Wilmington, possession of heroin.
• Paul Smith, 44, of Wilmington, theft.
• Shawn Curp, 27, possession of heroin, possessing drug abuse instruments. Court documents and the list of indictments differed on where Curp lives, listing both Blanchester and Pleasant Plain.
• Kyle Hensley, 35, of Clarksville, driving while under the influence, failure to comply with order or signal of police officer.
• Chasity Cottrell, 20, of Fayetteville, aggravated possession of drugs, possession of drugs.
• Jessey Hammonds, 25, an inmate at the Clinton County Jail, assault on a peace officer.
• Jeremy Wallace, 39, of Wilmington, possession of heroin.
• Timothy Oppy, 30, of Lucasville, trafficking in heroin, possession of heroin.
• Bobbie Hull, 33, of Fairborn, two counts burglary, grand theft, two counts petty theft.
• Jerry Adams, 33, of Fairborn, two counts burglary, grand theft, two counts petty theft.
Reach Nathan Kraatz at 937-382-2574, ext. 2510 or on Twitter @NathanKraatz.