WILMINGTON — The following information is obtained from the Clinton County Health Department and is compiled from inspection reports.
Violations are either critical or non-critical. Critical violations are more likely to contribute to food contamination, illness or an environmental health hazard, including inadequate cooking of food items or poor personal hygiene.
For a more detailed description of critical and non-critical violations, or to file a public health or food safety complaint about a restaurant, contact the Clinton County Health Department by calling 937-382-7221.
The following restaurants or food service establishments were inspected recently and violations/comments include:
• Frisch’s, 1341 Rombach Ave., Wilmington, April 30. Complaint regarding temperature of soup being served (cold). Soup temperature: Vegetable 157°F, clam chowder 148°F.
Critical: Checked salad bar temperatures: Potato salad 49°F, spaghetti salad 48°F, crab salad, 48°F, cole slaw 41°F, ranch 48°F, eggs 47°F. All foods must be kept cold at 41°F or below to help reduce bacterial growth. Manager pulled items, said she would change all items on the bar. In handwashing sink, water was cold when washing hands — 65°F. I let the water run while taking temperatures, approximately 10 minutes; water temperature increased to 89°F. All handwashing sinks must have temperature at 100°F or above for proper warm water for handwashing. Manager stated that they had contacted maintenance about changing water heater or adding booster heaters. Water backing up in floor drain when you let water run for any length of time.
Follow-up: Approx. May 14.
• Farmhouse Deli and More, 405 E. Washington St., Sabina, May 6. Critical: Pepper loaf found dated April 29; ham, bologna, cole slaw and meat portions for salads missing date marks. Person in charge discarded or dated product. Packaged cheese cubes missing label in grab-and-go cooler.
Manager certification unavailable. Thermometer unavailable in retail cooler. Dust accumulated on box fan.
• Wilmington College Dining Hall, Pyle Center, May 2. Pancake, waffle and muffin batter shared and left copy of letter of opinion using time hold. Employee working behind grill had beard with no restraint. Dust accumulation at front of hood over deep fryers in kitchen. Front of deep fryers are dirty and have dirt accumulations on ledge. Dust accumulation on top of dish machine and on top (near ceiling) of ice machine. Floor under ovens in kitchen is dirty. Missing floor tiles in kitchen in front of ice machine.
• MacD’s Pub, 1400 W. Locust St., Wilmington, April 30. Complaint regarding patron being served food on moldy bun/bread. Looked at all buns/bread in facility. One package of rye buns was found with mold on them in storage room. Manager removed buns immediately. Thank you!
• Beaugard’s Southern BBQ, 975 S. South St., Wilmington, May 8. Critical: Air gap not visible at soda fountain drain.
Countertop under cutting board is not smooth/easy to clean. Surface near soda machine damaged. Insulation exposed in box freezer. Light nonworking above 3-sink. Facility areas have food/debris spillage: under 3-sink (plumbing), shelving walk-in cooler and outside oil storage area.
• Clinton-Massie Elementary School, 238 Lebanon Road, Clarskville, May 1. Water observed on floor near warewash machine. Person in charge stated maintenance request for repair was submitted.
• Clinton-Massie Middle School, 2556 Lebanon Road, Clarksville, May 1. Dumpster missing lid. Light nonworking in walk-in freezer. Dispenser for single-service utensils had debris accumulation.
• Clinton-Massie High School, 2556 Lebanon Road, Clarksville, May 1. Critical: Bag of cheese marked F/F April 16. Person in charge discarded. Spray bottle with green chemical missing common name label.
Shaker missing common name label. Accumulations found in table-top can opener. Black residues on parchment paper at shelf with milk in walk-in cooler. Tray storing staff food in walk-in cooler has food residues. Dust accumulated on ceiling in walk-in cooler. Note: Cardboard found on shelf in walk-in freezer.
• Countryside YMCA C.M. PrimeTime, 2556 Lebanon Road, Clarksville, May 1. Meals provided by parents and/or purchased from Clinton-Massie Schools. Snacks provided by FSO.
• Papa John’s Pizza, 1561 Rombach Ave., Wilmington, May 1. Employee with beard preparing foods without beard restraint. Wall behind 3-compartment sink is dirty. Cracked floor tile behind oven and in front of walk-in cooler door.
• Wilmington Plaza Cinemas, 1275 Rombach Ave., Wilmington, May 1. Manager had beard with no restraint. Concessions employee had hair in ponytail with no hat.