WILMINGTON — The following information is obtained from the Clinton County Health Department and is compiled from inspection reports.
Violations are either critical or non-critical. Critical violations are more likely to contribute to food contamination, illness or an environmental health hazard, including inadequate cooking of food items or poor personal hygiene.
For a more detailed description of critical and non-critical violations, or to file a public health or food safety complaint about a restaurant, contact the Clinton County Health Department by calling 937-382-7221.
The following restaurants or food service establishments were inspected recently and violations/comments include:
• Caesar Creek BP, 7126 SR 73 W, Wilmington, May 13. Follow-up. Critical: Mouse droppings observed in cabinet below beverage counter. Person in charge to clean and contact pest control company. Provide records from pest control company. Correct by May 29.
Thermometer in creamer machine appears to be nonworking. Sanitizer test strips unavailable. Shelf in walk-in cooler with Propel water is dirty. Single-compartment sink is not secured to wall. Dust accumulated on ceiling and fan covers in walk-in cooler. Spillage in cabinet below soda fountain machine.
Follow-up: May 29.
• Bob Evans, 1075 Eastside Drive, Wilmington, May 17. Follow-up. Violations corrected. Thank you for cooperation.
• R+L Cafe, 600 Gilliam Road, Wilmington, May 16. Critical: Wash temperature of warewash machine was 138°F. All hot water sanitizing machines must reach 150°F
Containers of honey mustard sauce have no label.
Follow-up: Approx. June 13.
• The Escape, 36 W. Sugartree St., Wilmington, May 10. Critical: Chopped cucumber, brats, artichokes, cole slaw mix missing date marks. Corn dated May 1. Person in charge discarded/added date.
Oil mixture, pretzel salt, pepper, seasoning mix, sugar, etc. missing common name labels. Drink glasses on cart were still wet from being washed, rinsed and sanitized from previous day. Wet towels found in canned beer cooler. Broom stored between hand sink and prep sink.
• J&S Petro III, 7111 SR 73 W, Wilmington, May 13. Follow-up. Critical: Drainage tube missing air gap at drain from soda fountain machine (beverage cabinet).
Shelving in walk-in cooler is dirty (milk storage). Light intensity is low in walk-in cooler. Door of walk-in cooler does not tightly close.
Follow-up: May 29.
• Frisch’s, 1341 Rombach Ave., Wilmington, May 15. Follow-up. Critical: On the salad bar — cole slaw, jalapenos, cottage cheese, potato salad and crab salad each 44°F (must be kept at 41°F or below to help reduce bacterial growth). Handwashing sink was at 65°F; all handwashing must have water that is at least 100°F or above).
Cook on the line had beard with no beard net.
Follow-up: Approx. May 29.
• East Clinton High School, 174 Larrick Road, Sabina, May 10. Mouth contact/food contact surface of spoons made first available for contact at retail area. Black residues found on seals of doors of equipment in reach-in service line. Floor paint worn in areas of kitchen. Dust and food debris observed under equipment and/or on gas lines, plumbing pipes, etc.
• Ollie’s Bargain Outlet, 1633 Rombach Ave., Wilmington, May 15. Floors throughout have some trash and are discolored/stained. Paint on front wall bubbled. Sometimes indicates water leak.
• Grandma’s Groceries, 7763 SR 73W, booths 121 & 733, Wilmington, May 16. All pre-packaged items that are no-perishable. Everything looks good.