WILMINGTON — The following information is obtained from the Clinton County Health Department and is compiled from inspection reports.
Violations are either critical or non-critical. Critical violations are more likely to contribute to food contamination, illness or an environmental health hazard, including inadequate cooking of food items or poor personal hygiene.
For a more detailed description of critical and non-critical violations, or to file a public health or food safety complaint about a restaurant, contact the Clinton County Health Department by calling 937-382-7221.
The following restaurants or food service establishments were inspected recently and violations/comments include:
• Subway, 31 E. Washington St., Sabina, May 22. Follow-up. Eight previous violations corrected. Thank you. No one at this facility has Level 2 (Manager) certification. Inside of microwave is dirty. Wall behind/beside 3-compartment sink is dirty. Several lights are out in kitchen. Ice build-up in condenser unit and on floor in walk-in freezer. Hot bar light wire nuts exposed.
Follow-up: Approx. June 19.
• Holiday Inn Express, 155 Holiday Drive, Wilmington, May 23. Follow-up. Critical: Sausage patties in warmer were 123°F (must be kept at 135°F or above to help reduce bacterial growth).
No one at this facility with Manager certification; kitchen manager working on this requirement. Note: Waiting on ODH recommendation on pancake unit. Note: There was bacon grease in hand sink and personal items (phone and cup) on counter in kitchen. Please use hand sink for handwashing only and keep personal items in designated area.
Follow-up: Approx. June 20.
• Tom’s Express, 7529 Fairground Road, Blanchester, May 23. Follow-up. No employee verification sheet available. Please provide verification sheet that employees know when to report illness. Floor is cracked in front of 3-compartment sink.
Follow-up: Approx. June 20.
• Pizza Hut, 486 Main St., Wilmington, May 28. Follow-up. Seven previous violations corrected. Thank you!
• Domino’s, 265 W. Locust St., Wilmington, May 17. Follow-up. Facility had car hit front wall and damaged exterior wall and door. Fire & Building Department approved for delivery and drive-thru only. Facility needs to tarp damaged area from dough prep area to front door. Once area is tarped to contain damaged area/insulation, then will be ready to open.
• Domino’s, 265 W. Locust St., Wilmington, May 23. Front area is tarped off with plastic. Drive-thru and delivery orders only.
• Royalton Inn & Suites, 201 Carrie Drive, Wilmington, May 23. No one at this facility has Manager certification. Manager stated sent in registration for class in July. Drip tray under the juice machine has build-up. Cabinets under food counter are dirty.
• Flagway, 373 W. Washington St., Sabina, May 22. Follow-up. Temperatures in prep cooler were good. Thank you.
• S&S Market, 513 S. Broadway, St., Blanchester, May 23. Everything looks good!
• Papsy’s Place Frozen Yogurt, 115 W. Main St., Wilmington, May 28. Everything looks good, no violations at this time. Thank you!
• Traditions Restaurant & Catering, 78 N. Howard St., Sabina, May 28. Light out over griddle/grill area. Ice machine leaking into metal pan (owner stated ice machine to be repaired soon).