WILMINGTON — The following information is obtained from the Clinton County Health Department and is compiled from inspection reports.
Violations are either critical or non-critical. Critical violations are more likely to contribute to food contamination, illness or an environmental health hazard, including inadequate cooking of food items or poor personal hygiene.
For a more detailed description of critical and non-critical violations, or to file a public health or food safety complaint about a restaurant, contact the Clinton County Health Department by calling 937-382-7221.
The following restaurants or food service establishments were inspected recently and violations/comments include:
• Subway, 31 E. Washington St., Sabina, June 19. Follow-up. When I arrived at the facility neither employee was wearing a hat or hair restraint. Was informed by person in charge that manager quit and they had district manager working on getting employees trained. No employee at this facility is manager certified. (3rd Notice.) Inside of microwaves are dirty. (3rd Notice.) Wall behind 3-compartment sink is dirty. (3rd Notice.) Several lights are out in the kitchen. Ice build-up on condenser unit floor, boxes and around door seal, not allowing door to close properly. Hot bar light has wire nuts and wire exposed. (3rd Notice.)
All of the above violations — this is 3rd notice. (Had over 60 days.) Please correct all of the above violations by next inspection (July 2).
Follow-up: Approx. July 2.
• Roberts Arena, 4095 SR 730, Wilmington, June 19. Critical: Knife stored in hand sink. Removed and corrected. Tray of raw animal eggs stored above ready-to-eat chicken salad. Relocated and corrected. Sliced ham 60°F, pickles 60°F in prep cooler/2-door. Person in charge discarded. Pepperoni and cheese dated June 9. PIC discarded. Retail grab-and-go food items missing ingredient info, quantity of contents and place of business. PIC stated awaiting order of labels. Dogs observed in indoor dining areas; ORC/law only allows dogs in outdoor dining areas.
Boxes of food and tote on floor in walk-in cooler and walk-in freezer. Prep cooler (2-door) had ice accumulation and is maintaining food at 60°F. Stalls in women’s restroom missing lid on sanitary napkin trash receptacles. Wall tile damaged in men’s restroom.
• J&D’s Market, 5225 SR 22&3, Wilmington, June 19. Critical: In reach-in cooler with doors, not all of the pizza toppings are dated. In prep cooler, sausage patties, diced turkey and sliced turkey are not properly dated. Glass cleaner stored on shelf with maple syrup and single-service utensils. Sliced tomatoes on prep cooler were 45°F (Must be kept cold at 41°F or below to help reduce bacterial growth).
This facility has no employee with manager certification. Person in charge stated they are planning on sending employee to class in July. Cardboard stored on top of pizza oven with pizza paddle and spatula on top of it. Wall behind 3-compartment sink is dirty. Wall under drive-thru window and under Ansul unit is dirty.
Follow-up: Approx. July 17.
• Cluxton’s Dairy Bar, 267 W. Main St., New Vienna, June 14. Critical: Hot dog sauce 133°F (warmer). Person in charge adjusted equipment. Chili missing date mark. Person in charge added date mark. Cole slaw, tartar sauce had expired date of June 3. PIC to discard. Label missing on container storing wiping cloths and sanitizer.
Container of medication stored next to packages of hot dog buns. Cook was not wearing hair restraint. PIC put on hat. Light (1) ceiling nonworking. Door was in front of ice cream machine. Dust accumulated on fan covers in walk-in cooler. Leak from plumbing in restroom (water collecting into container).
• The Corner Market, 10 Main St., Clarksville, June 19. Critical: Inside of ice machine has some black residue.
Shelves in pizza prep cooler are rusted. Wall behind prep area in kitchen dirty. Trash on floor of walk-in cooler. Ceiling in front of beer cooler has stained ceiling tile. Ceiling coming apart in walk-in freezer.
Follow-up: Approx. July 17.