WILMINGTON — The Clinton County Board of Elections announced the consolidation of three polling locations into one voting center at the Clinton-Massie Local School District campus beginning with the Nov. 5 general election.
The polling locations at the Adams Township House, Chester Twp. Fire House, and Vernon Township House will no longer be open for voting on election day, but may still be used as backup locations in the event of an emergency.
The C-M LSD Building Annex will be the new polling location for voters in these precincts:
• Adams A — Precincts 11/1, 11/2
• Adams B — Precincts 12/1, 12/2
• Chester A — Precincts 13/1, 13/2
• Chester B — Precincts 14/1, 14/2
• Vernon A — Precincts 31/1, 31/2
• Vernon B — Precincts 32/1
The Board of Elections said the move will provide voters improved accessibility and security on election day.
Board of Elections Director Shane Breckel said, “The Clinton County Board of Elections is so pleased to partner with the Clinton-Massie Local School District to provide the voters of Adams Township, Chester Township and Vernon Township with a new polling location that offers ample parking and improved accessibility required under the American with Disabilities Act.
“Additionally, our precinct election officials will now have a more modern and efficient polling location in which to conduct safe and secure elections.”
Voters will be officially notified of these polling location changes by postcard mailed to their home or post office boxes in the next two weeks.
Absentee voting by mail and early in-person voting is an option for all voters in the county beginning Oct. 8 at the Board of Elections office in the County Annex Building at 111 S. Nelson Ave., entrance B (Green).
Early in-person voting
The early in-person voting schedule is:
• Oct. 8-11 (Tuesday-Friday) 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
• Oct. 15-18 (Tuesday-Friday) 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
• Oct. 22-25 (Tuesday-Friday) 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
• Oct. 28-Nov. 1 (Tuesday-Friday) 8 a.m.-7 p.m.
• Nov. 2 (Saturday) 8 a.m.-4 p.m.
• Nov. 3 (Sunday) 1-5 p.m.
• Nov. 4 (Monday) 8 a.m.-2 p.m.