WILMINGTON — The following information is obtained from the Clinton County Health Department and is compiled from inspection reports.
Violations are either critical or non-critical. Critical violations are more likely to contribute to food contamination, illness or an environmental health hazard, including inadequate cooking of food items or poor personal hygiene.
For a more detailed description of critical and non-critical violations, or to file a public health or food safety complaint about a restaurant, contact the Clinton County Health Department by calling 937-382-7221.
The following restaurants or food service establishments were inspected recently and violations/comments include:
• McDonald’s, 201 W. Main St., Blanchester, Aug. 13. Critical: Salad in front reach-in cooler was dated for use by Aug. 13 by 6:18 a.m. (2) and the cold pan butter was dated for use by Aug. 13 at 8:30 a.m. Inside of ice machine by drive-thru had black residue along inside edge.
There were gnats flying around drive-thru area. There was a dead bug (moth/miller) in the milk cooler at front of facility. Please contact pest control operator to address this problem. Area behind soda nozzles on soda machine in drive-thru area extremely dirty. On the ice cream machine in front, outside of the nozzles were dirty. Cup dispenser on ice cream machine dirty. Outside of containers of McFlurry were dirty. Inside of hand sink was dirty by office. Floor dirty under soda syrup boxes. Floor under the egg cooker was extremely dirty. Wall behind reach-in freezer with hamburgers was dirty. Wall in drive-thru was dirty. Wall behind McFlurry machines dirty.
Follow-up: Approx. Sept. 17.
• Max & Erma’s, 123 Gano Road, Wilmington, Aug. 14. Critical: Sliced tomatoes on prep cooler were 45°F (must be kept cold at 41°F or below). Cactus butter in walk-in cooler had discard date of Aug. 11. Sauces on prep line were not dated in bottle. Oranges in bar area were dated July 13.
No certification available for Manager Certification. No thermometer available in salad dressing cooler. Gnats in dishwasher area and by the ice machine. Vent hoods above grill are dirty. Plumbing leaking under dishwasher. Ceiling tiles over grill in kitchen are dirty. Wall behind the hand sink is dirty by dish area. Ice build-up in walk-in freezer. Cooler for fish/seafood/chicken leaking water in kitchen.
Follow-up: Approx. Sept. 23.
• KFC, 127 E. Main St., Wilmington, Aug. 16. Follow-up. Several previous violations corrected. Thank you! Food storage containers have sticker residues. Cart/shelf in raw chicken walk-in cooler has residues. Sides/edges of front service line equipment have residues. Shelf in dry stock area is broken. Box of cakes stored on floor in walk-in freezer.
• Laurels of Blanchester, 839 E. Cherry St., Blanchester, Aug. 13. Critical: Warewash machine rinse-only getting to 170-174°F (must reach 180°F).
Follow-up: Approx. Sept. 17.
• Murphy Theatre, 50 W. Main St., Wilmington, Aug. 14. Handwashing sign missing at concession and restroom hand sinks. Lid missing on trash dumpster.
• Maine & Clark Inc. (Sunoco), 480 E. Main St., Wilmington, Aug. 13. Critical: Air gap missing on Pepsi fountain machine. Person in Charge stated will cut drain line.
Handwashing sign missing in women’s restroom. Common name label missing on cappuccino dispensing containers. Trash (boxes, tire, etc.) on ground next to dumpster. Lid missing on trash receptacle in women’s restroom for sanitary napkin disposal. Light in ceiling nonworking above retail food shelf.
• Roberts Centre, 123 Gano Road, Wilmington, Aug. 14. Critical: Ice machine in banquet hallway has drain from ice machine that is not air gapped.
Cracked floor tile in kitchen. Lights out in kitchen area. Nonworking equipment in kitchen (mixer, deep fryer, etc.).