WILMINGTON — The following report is generated from incident reports provided by the Wilmington Police Department. All those arrested are presumed innocent until possibly found guilty in court. Charges may be dropped or changed in court.
Wilmington police recently processed the following reports:
• At 2:45 p.m. on Sept. 5, officers were dispatched to the parking lot of Rombach Avenue restaurant for a possible overdose. An officer arrived first and advised over the radio that it did appear to be an opioid overdose. A 26-year-old appeared to be overdosing. Intra-nasal Narcan was administered by EMS personnel. Once she became conscious she was removed from the vehicle. Police located a syringe inside of a drink cup in her vehicle. The female was later charged with possession of a drug abuse instrument.
• At 11:02 a.m. on Sept. 4, police took a report for theft of gasoline from a car repair shop on North Nelson Avenue. The owner stated overnight three vehicles he was going to be working on had fuel siphoned from their gas tanks. He does not know how much gas was taken from each vehicle. The owner stated he has had this problem before. A 57-year-old New Vienna male and a 63-year-old Wilmington male were listed as victims.
• At 5:58 p.m. on Sept. 4, units were dispatched to 1-99 block of Columbus Street for a verbal dispute. Upon arrival, units made contact with a 45-year-old female who stated that an individual — a 52-year-old female — threatened her with a knife, and stole her house key. The caller advised, that she did not want to press charges just to have the incident reported.
• At 6:17 p.m. on Sept. 4, police responded to a reported fight occurring at West Fulton Street. Two males — ages 21 and 25, respectively — were listed as suspects.
• On Sept. 4, units were dispatched to the park on Rombach Avenue, in reference to a suspicious person watching kids. Dispatch advised the individual was known to be a sex offender. Units located the individual, who stated he was just playing with his dogs at the park. The individual did not have any restrictions and was allowed to be at the park. No further action was taken.
• Police received a report of a fight occurring on North Wood Street at 9:09 p.m. on Sept. 4. A 21-year-old male was listed as the suspect. A 45-year-old female and a 75-year-old male were listed as the victims.
• Police responded to a theft report at a business on Progress Way at 7:15 a.m. on Sept. 5. A 26-year-old male from Cuba, Ohio is suspected of taking $20 and some change from a 28-year-old Hillsboro female.
• At 5:57 p.m. on Sept. 5, police were dispatched to the 200 block of West Sugartree Street in reference to someone throwing items into the back of a residence. A 46-year-old female reported someone had been throwing things in the back yard of her rental property. She also stated that they had thrown eggs at her tenant. She advised that she just wanted the incident documented.