WILMINGTON — The following information is obtained from the Clinton County Health Department and is compiled from inspection reports.
Violations are either critical or non-critical. Critical violations are more likely to contribute to food contamination, illness or an environmental health hazard, including inadequate cooking of food items or poor personal hygiene.
For a more detailed description of critical and non-critical violations, or to file a public health or food safety complaint about a restaurant, contact the Clinton County Health Department by calling 937-382-7221.
The following restaurants or food service establishments were inspected recently and violations/comments include:
• Wendy’s, 1055 Rombach Ave., Wilmington, Sept. 19. Critical: Inside ledge of ice machine has pink residue.
Several gnats by used grease container and sod boxes. Employee in kitchen with facial hair that was not covered. Back sink is dirty under hand sink. Wall behind 3-compartment sink is dirty. Floor beside the used oil container is dirty. Floor under 3-compartment sink is dirty. Floor under/beside deep fryer is dirty. Prep cooler on right side of the line is leaking water out of the bottom onto the floor.
All of these violations are repeat violations (2nd Notice).
Follow-up: Oct. 8.
• Taco Bell, 1701 Rombach Ave., Wilmington, Sept. 24. Received complaint that “manager was using gloves while typing on computer, then cooking food; employees going into back office, then back to making food.” Discussed complaint with manager, who stated employees are to wash hands and change gloves with every change of duty/break.
Employee on make line has beard with no restraint.
• China Dragon, 103 E. Main St., Blanchester, Sept. 19. Critical: Slicer and utensils had food accumulation on storage shelf. Person in Charge said they do not use or are old owner’s items. Keep clean or remove from premise.
Manager certification in food protection unavailable. Door was propped open. Box of batter mix stored on floor. Drops of blood on top of box. Protect food while in storage. Keep six inches above floor and keep clean. Food handlers were not wearing hats. rust on shelf in prep cooler. Trash can is dirty. Light bulb nonworking in ceiling lights (6). Floor near fire extinguisher is dirty.
• McDonald’s, 201 W. Main St., Blanchester, Sept. 24. Follow-up. Three previous violations corrected. Thank you! Wall behind reach-in freezer (meat) was dirty.
• Laurels of Blanchester, 839 E. Cherry St., Blanchester, Sept. 24. Follow-up. Dishwasher reached 192°F for final rinse. Problem fixed. Thank you! All violations corrected.
• 73 Grill, 3669 SR 380, Wilmington, Sept. 24. Flooring is good! Restrooms have been upgraded. Walk-in cooler cleaned, 40°F, and door repaired. Plumbing installed and inspected. New equipment in place, ready to use.
Call for follow-up.
• 73 Grill, 3669 SR 380, Wilmington, Sept. 26. Everything looks good. Ready to open. License issued.
• Wendy’s, 50 Roberts Road, Wilmington, Sept. 26. Follow-up. Three previous violations corrected. Thank you!
Both gentlemen working the line had facial hair with no restraints. Latch to walk-in cooler is broken. Reach-in cooler across from deep fryers has mildew on outside. Floor under deep fryers is dirty. Debris and splash on the wall behind the 3-compartment sink.
• Streber’s Market, 299 South St., New Vienna, Sept. 25. Follow-up. Six previous violations corrected. Thank you.
Critical: Salads in deli cooler not dated. Coffemate creamer in dispenser by coffee machine is not dated. Yoplait red raspberry yogurt dated Sept. 17.
Walk-in freezer unit has build-up of ice on condenser unit. Counter under pizza oven is cracked.
Follow-up: Approx. Oct. 23.
• East Clinton High School, 174 Larrick Road, Sabina, Sept. 25. Critical: Pasta salad from salad bar was 45°F. large container of pasta salad in walk-in cooler was 45-46°F. Manger pulled and removed both containers from service. Thank you.
Door of walk-in freezer and seal around door opening are getting ice accumulation.