WILMINGTON — The following information is obtained from the Clinton County Health Department and is compiled from inspection reports.
Violations are either critical or non-critical. Critical violations are more likely to contribute to food contamination, illness or an environmental health hazard, including inadequate cooking of food items or poor personal hygiene.
For a more detailed description of critical and non-critical violations, or to file a public health or food safety complaint about a restaurant, contact the Clinton County Health Department by calling 937-382-7221.
The following restaurants or food service establishments were inspected recently and violations/comments include:
• Frisch’s, 1341 Rombach Ave., Wilmington, Oct. 30. Critical: Bottles of salad dressing on the server salad station are not date marked. Cheese and tomatoes and bacon cups on the waitress salad station were dated Oct. 24. In the walk-in cooler, tub of tuna salad was dated for use by Oct. 29. In the drive-through salad cooler there were three containers of outdated salad dressing (Sept. 2019).
On the salad bar, oranges 44°F, cottage cheese 46°F and salsa 45°F. In the walk-in salad cooler, macaroni salad 48°F. In the kitchen on the line, pickles 52°F (all must be kept cold at 41°F or below to help reduce bacterial growth). All food employees must wear hair restraints. Salad bar attendant was not wearing hair restraint while at the bar. When refilling, bar attendant put on hair net. (Food employees are considered wait staff when they dip soup, salad and salad dressing). Towels being used under cherry and vanilla syrups in waitress areas. All towels are to be used for wiping purposes only. Please remove towels and wipe counters more often. Manager removed. Surfaces of plates stored up at the salad bar. All food contact surfaces must be stored down so patrons don’t touch food surfaces. Manager flipped dishes. Blendtec blender in drive-thru had food debris. Front on reach-in coolers in kitchen were dirty. Walls of walk-in cooler were dirty with food debris. Frost build-up on shelves and boxes in the walk-in freezer. Cracked floor tile in the kitchen by the ice machine. Wall behind the the hot fudge dispenser in the drive-thru is dirty. Wall behind cherry/vanilla syrup in drive-thru is dirty. Electrical panels are dirty with food debris. Trash on the floor of the dry storage area. Walls in the kitchen by the grill and at entrance to dish room are dirty. Employee phone on shelf in front of microwave. Latch to the walk-in cooler is broken.
Follow-up: Approx. Dec. 4.
• Holmes Elementary School, 1350 W. Truesdell, Wilmington, Oct. 29. Shelf with boxes of food is less than 6 inches above floor in walk-in freezer. Gauges on warewash machine are not accurate/in good repair. Final rinse: 90°F. Temperature sticker registered 160°F. Wash temperature 145°F. Final rinse gauge must reach 180-194°F. Wash temperature gauge must reach 155°F (per equipment specification).
• Wilmington High/Middle School, 300 Richardson Place, Wilmington, Oct. 29. Food handler wearing earrings that hang down/dangle. Gauges nonworking of warewash machine (middle school). Ceiling tiles are not smooth/easy to clean (above left, high school serving line). Ceiling tiles have debris staining (above right high school serving line). Dust accumulated on lights and ceiling tiles in high school.
• Putman Elementary School, 327 E. Baldwin St., Blanchester, Oct. 29. Critical: Chicken salad in bowls on service line were at 53°F (must be kept cold at 41°F or colder). Manager was going to get ice to place bowls in to keep cold.
Warewash machine not working. All dishes are washed in 3-compartment sink.
Follow-up: Approx. Nov. 30.
• Blanchester High School, 953 Cherry St., Blanchester, Oct. 29. Everything looks good. No violations at this time. Thank you.
• Blanchester Middle School, 955 Cherry St., Blanchester, Oct. 29. Everything looks good. No violations at this time. Thank you.
• Cherrybend Pheasant Farm, 2326 Cherrybend Road, Wilmington, Oct. 30. No Certified Manager at this facility.