WILMINGTON — Thanksgiving weekend is again packed with all your family’s favorites like food, football, shopping — and the annual Hometown HoliDazzle Parade.
As the premier event for Main Street Wilmington, this year’s celebration is bigger and better than ever, with plenty of pre-parade fun for everyone.
Over 50 illuminated floats will travel down Main Street to kick off the start of the 2019 Christmas season. Floats will launch from the Clinton County Fairgrounds at 7 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 30 and arrive downtown at approximately 7:20 p.m.
Main Street Co-Director Darcy Reynolds is grateful for the community’s response.
“It’s all about tradition,” she said. “Our sense of community is at the core of small-town living and that’s what HoliDazzle is all about.”
Co-Director Ruth Brindle added, “The 13th annual HomeTown HoliDazzle Parade is the result of many dedicated volunteers working for over a decade. Volunteer commitment plus the generosity of our sponsors are what makes the parade and Downtown events possible.”
Hometown HoliDazzle is presented this year by Air Transport Services Group (ATSG).
McBrayer Property Management is the parade sponsor with Wilmington News Journal the media sponsor. The Clinton County Convention and Visitors Bureau is the children’s activities sponsor.
“ATSG is happy to sponsor the Hometown HoliDazzle Parade as a way of showing our appreciation for the support that the community has provided to us throughout the year,” said ATSG Chief Executive Officer Joe Hete.
Prior to the parade, there is a lot to do and see. Plan to spend the day in downtown Wilmington and enjoy all the family fun and downtown merchant specials.
Schedule of activities
Check out these free downtown activities for kids of all ages!
• 10 a.m.-5 p.m. — Trees of Hope; Clinton County History Center
• Noon-1 p.m. — Christmas Story Time; Kava Haus
• Noon-3 p.m. — Christmas Cookie Decorating for Kids; Kava Haus
• 4 p.m. — HoliDazzle Movies and Cocoa; Wilmington Public Library
• 3-3:30 p.m. — Musical Christmas Card; Clinton County Courthouse
• 3-6 p.m. — Santa’s Mailbox; Corner of South and Main Streets
• 3-6 p.m. — Festival of Wreaths; United Way Office, 63 W. Main St.
• 3-6:30 p.m. — Holiday Wagon Rides Around Downtown
• 3:30-6:30 p.m. — Wilmington Christian Academy Cookie Sale; Municipal Building Community Room
• 3:30-6:30 p.m. — Kids Holiday Train Rides; Mural Parking Lot
• 4-4:45 p.m. — Merry Tuba Christmas; Murphy Theatre
• 4-6:30 p.m. — Pictures w/Grinch & Friends; Municipal Building Lobby
• 4-7 p.m. — Food/drinks, Mural Parking Lot (Provided by Wilmington High School Vocal Boosters, Wilmington Performing Arts Studio and Quaker Bakers)
• 5-6:30 p.m. — Cookie Decorating & Hot Chocolate; CC Convention and Visitors Bureau
• 5-6:45 p.m. — Visit with Santa & Mrs. Claus; Peoples Bank
• 5:15-6 p.m. — Clinton County Community Band Concert; Murphy Theatre
• 6-7 p.m. — Roving Carolers; Main and South Streets
• 7:20 p.m. — Parade arrives downtown; Main Street
For more information and schedule, additions check out hometownholidazzle.com and Facebook.com/holidazzle .
While you’re planning your holiday weekend, please keep in mind that some streets will be closed for the parade on Saturday, Nov. 30:
• Mural Parking Lot (between 81 and 63 W. Main St.) closes at 3 p.m.
• W. Main St. from Nelson Ave. to Wayne Rd./Josephine St. closes at 6:15 p.m.
• W. and E. Main St. from Wayne Rd./Josephine St. to Lincoln St. closes at 6:30 p.m.
• S. Walnut St. from E. Sugartree St. to E. Main St. closes at 6:30 p.m.
• S. Lincoln St. from E. Sugartree St. to E. Main St. closes at 6:30 p.m.
ATSG event presenter
The Hometown HoliDazzle event, hosted by Main Street Wilmington, has become an annual tradition for local families and visitors, with dozens of lighted floats and hundreds of participants creating a dazzling spectacle of holiday cheer for all ages.
The event also features a full day of festivities throughout downtown Wilmington, leading up to the parade.
Air Transport Services Group is proud to be the Event Presenter for the 13th Annual Hometown HoliDazzle Parade on Saturday, November 30, 2019 at 7 p.m. in downtown Wilmington.
“ATSG is happy to sponsor the Hometown HoliDazzle Parade as a way of showing our appreciation for the support that the community has provided to us throughout the year, ” said ATSG Chief Executive Officer Joe Hete. “We’re proud to call Wilmington our hometown, and are thankful to Main Street Wilmington for all of the work they put into this amazing event each year.”
During this year’s parade, ATSG will be passing out “Light Up Your Career with www.ATSGinc.com” glow wands along the parade route.
Headquartered at Wilmington Air Park, ATSG and its subsidiaries have been active in the local business community for four decades. Today, ATSG employs 4,000 people and is the world’s largest lessor and operator of converted Boeing 767 freighter aircraft. The company’s local subsidiaries include ABX Air, Airborne Global Solutions, Airborne Maintenance and Engineering Services, Air Transport International, Cargo Aircraft Management, and LGSTX Services.