WILMINGTON — The following information comes from incident reports provided by the Clinton County Sheriff’s Office. All those arrested are presumed innocent until possibly found guilty in court.
The sheriff’s office recently processed these reports:
• At 7:37 a.m. on Dec. 1, deputies were dispatched to report of a suspicious person and vehicle at a restaurant on U.S. 68 North in Union Township. According to the report, when authorities arrived a 39-year-old Hamilton male began to drive around the restaurant and onto the road, failing to comply with deputies. The subject then led deputies on a vehicle pursuit. Deputies deployed stop sticks, which led to the subject’s apprehension. According to the report, the suspect was believed to be under the influence of alcohol. Municipal court records indicate the suspect was charged with O.V.I. and failure to comply.
• Deputies responded to a reported assault at a county residence. A minor teen was listed as the victim, who had apparent injuries. A parent of the victim was listed as the suspect.
• A minor teen reported an assault by friends. The report indicated the victim had apparent injuries.
• At 1:36 p.m. on Dec. 1, deputies completed their initial investigation into a breaking and entering at a Shull Road residence in Marion Township. According to the report, an HSX recreational vehicle was stolen from the vehicle.
• At 1:31 p.m. on Dec. 1, deputies responded to a theft report at the 100 block of Spring Hill Road. According to the report, the items stolen included a 2002 John Deere Ztrak 737 mower, an ATV salt spreader, and a Troy pressure washer.
• During a traffic stop around State Route 134 North in Liberty Township at 12:15 a.m. on Dec. 3, deputies discovered a loaded firearm in the vehicle.
• At 3:27 p.m. on Nov. 30, a 36-year-old Green Township female reported her friend borrowed her silver 2015 Chevrolet Cruze and has not returned it.
• At 1 p.m. on Nov. 27, a 23-year-old Manchester female reported a family member had used her debit card without permission to withdraw $206 in cash. The incident took place at the 100 block of East Main Street in Martinsville, according to the report.
Reach John Hamilton at 937-382-2574