WILMINGTON — The following information is obtained from the Clinton County Health Department and is compiled from inspection reports.
Violations are either critical or non-critical. Critical violations are more likely to contribute to food contamination, illness or an environmental health hazard, including inadequate cooking of food items or poor personal hygiene.
For a more detailed description of critical and non-critical violations, or to file a public health or food safety complaint about a restaurant, contact the Clinton County Health Department by calling 937-382-7221.
The following restaurants or food service establishments were inspected recently and violations/comments include:
• Arby’s, 1619 Rombach Ave., Wilmington, Nov. 13. Critical: In walk-in cooler there was one metal container of roast beef dated Nov. 12 at 10 p.m. In salad prep cooler there were 11 salads dated Nov. 12 at 10 p.m. On serving line the ranch, gyro, thousand island, brown mustard, barbecue, red wine vinegar and mustard were dated Nov. 12 at 10 p.m.
Front milk cooler was missing thermometer. Manager has extremely long hair in ponytail — because of length of hair, hair must be properly restrained (braid/bun/under hat). Outside doors of reach-in freezer has build-up of food debris. Vent filters over deep fryers had dust/debris. Front of salad prep cooler had food debris on the front of them. Cart in kitchen that barbecue/Buffalo dipping station is on has food debris/dirt on it. Inside of microwave over sandwich prep cooler is dirty. Dust/debris on ceiling over meat slicer; is dirty. Inside of ice machine has some pink debris on inside ledge. Wall beside hand sink is dirty. Wall behind 3-compartment sink is dirty. Ice build-up on freezer ceiling and on condenser unit. Ice build-up on door seal and door opening.
Follow-up: Approx. Dec. 18.
• Subway (outside WalMart), 2855-B SR 73 South, Wilmington, Nov. 18. Follow-up. Critical: Knives used to cut sandwiches are rinsed/stored in sanitizer solution at new “sani station.” Food contact surfaces must be washed, rinsed, sanitized and air dried. Sliced turkey 43°F, rotisserie chicken 43°F, garlic sauce 44°F (service line) (must be kept cold at 41°F or below). Person in Charge adjusted temperature control.
Reach-in freezer has broken seal and ice (frost) accumulated at bottom of door. Food debris accumulated on inside of dough retarding (thawing) equipment. Light bulbs nonworking in ceiling fixtures (service line, 3-sink, stock hall, mop sink and orientation desk). Food debris accumulated on floor of walk-in cooler. Spillage of tea below dispensers/soda fountain machine. Purse hanging on dry stock shelf.
Follow-up: Dec. 9.
• R+L Transfer, 600 Gilliam Road, Wilmington, Nov. 19. Critical: Holders (2) for ice scoops had black residue accumulations at the ice machines. Person in Charge to remove for cleaning. Ready-to-eat apples in Sabra cooler were not wrapped or had tongs (or similar) available.
Ice scoop (1) cracked. Cappuccino dispensing containers missing common name labels. Coffee cup with no lid found on table next to packages of buns. Trash can handles have food debris accumulations. Shelving in Everfresh beverage cooler dirty. Floor tile damaged below hot hold steam table. Walls in facility need cleaning or repair (new steam table). Note: Inspection tag dated 2017 on Ansul system.
• R+L Cafe, 600 Gilliam Road, Wilmington, Nov. 19. Thermometer missing in cooler. Spoons on display for customers damaged and with handles in different directions.
• Dairy Queen, 1093 Rombach Ave., Wilmington, Nov. 19. Critical: Label was missing on sanitizer bucket; label was added to identify the chemical. Corrected.
Tongs handle had damaged plastic. Person in Charge removed. Ice cream splatter/accumulation on equipment surfaces near handles and underside of both Stoelting ice cream machines. Sticker residues on clean containers on storage shelf. Food debris accumulated behind equipment (under prep top lid). Icing splattered on wall in walk-in cooler.
• Snow Hill Country Club, 11093 SR 73 W, New Vienna, Nov. 15. Closed kitchen until 2020 (March-May?). Minimal use of kitchen for catering events. Note: Ansul system had inspection tag dated 2017.
• Bob Evans Restaurant, 1075 Eastside Drive, Wilmington, Nov. 14. Follow-up. All previous violations have been corrected. Thank you!