WILMINGTON — The following report is generated from reports provided by the Wilmington Police Department. All those arrested are presumed innocent until proven guilty in court. Incidents are presumed to be under investigation. Charges may be dropped or changed in court.
Wilmington police recently received the following reports:
• A caller reported witnessing a suspicious exchange between people Saturday on West Vine Street. When police arrived, the people had left.
• A man reported that another man stole a 2-liter of Mountain Dew, a jewelry set and several packs of cigarettes from him on Progress Way on Friday.
• Vehicles were reported egged Thursday, January 28, and Friday on Rita Place and South Walnut Street, respectively.
• Used syringes found Thursday, January 28, in a yard on Prairie Avenue were discarded by police.
• A Wilmington man reported a computer scam. The man received a call from someone who offered to fix his computer. The caller never fixed his computer, and the man noticed money moved from his savings account to his checking account. After the suspected scammer allegedly asked the man to send money to India, he reportedly closed his accounts and opened new ones.
• A South Wall Street woman reported the theft of about $120 and her debit card Thursday, January 28.
• An assault was reported on Progress Way, Thursday, January 28.
Wilmington police recently arrested the following people:
• Bobby Clifford, 40, of Hillsboro, for alleged theft of hygiene products from a Progress Way business. Clifford was arrested Tuesday.
• Travis White, 29, of Anderson, Indiana, for allegedly receiving stolen property, a fifth-degree felony, at a Progress Way address. White was arrested Saturday.
• Michael Jennings, 26, of Wilmington, for allegedly operating a vehicle under the influence and possession of drugs. Jennings was arrested after being stopped for allegedly driving the wrong way on a one-way street.
• Beronica Schmitz, 18, of Sabina, for alleged trespassing and theft at a Progress Way business on Monday.
• Angel Mollett, 19, of Washington Court House, for alleged theft from a Progress Way business on Saturday.
• David Swearingen Jr., 44, of Wilmington, for alleged domestic violence on Friday, January 29.
• Matthew Fulton, 30, of Wilmington, for alleged theft. Fulton was arrested Wednesday, January 27.
• Erica Burris, 29, of Wilmington, for alleged theft on Wednesday, January 27.
Reach Nathan Kraatz at 937-382-2574, ext. 2510 or on Twitter @NathanKraatz.