Clinton County eateries inspected


News Journal



WILMINGTON — The following information is obtained from the Clinton County Health Department and is compiled from inspection reports.

Violations are either critical or non-critical. Critical violations are more likely to contribute to food contamination, illness or an environmental health hazard, including inadequate cooking of food items or poor personal hygiene.

For a more detailed description of critical and non-critical violations, or to file a public health or food safety complaint about a restaurant, contact the Clinton County Health Department by calling 937-382-7221.

The following restaurants or food service establishments were inspected recently and violations/comments include:

• Rod’s Capricorn Inn, 6660 SR 730, Wilmington, Nov. 20. Critical: Cook did not wash hands after changing gloves when handling raw burgers and bacon. Person in Charge addressed concern with food employee. Date marks were missing on sliced turkey, ham and cole slaw. Sliced turkey and bacon were found with dates over 7 days. PIC discarded food and corrected date marks. Spray bottle of bleach water was missing name label. PIC added name label.

Common name label missing on powder sugar stored out of original packaging. Employee was drying dishes with a cloth towel. Dishes were drying on towel on cart. Door seals on prep top cooler were separated (2). Black residues accumulated on edge of guard in ice making machine. Food debris accumulated on and under slicer. Slicer also has areas of peeling paint/rust accumulations. (PIC commented slicer is not used. Unused equipment should be removed from premise.) Floor tile damaged near food warming unit (side room). Walls damaged behind box freezers under fryers/flat-top grill. (Cove trim is not secure/missing in area). Grease accumulated on vent hood. Food splattered under shelf/above prep top cooler. Note: Please ensure personal items (coats/purses) are stored separate from food stock supplies.

Follow-up: Dec. 4.

• Buffalo Wild Wings, 143 Fairway Drive, Wilmington, Nov. 20. Ice build-up on condenser unit in walk-in freezer. Both prep coolers in kitchen had broken seals on lids. Two microwaves in kitchen had broken handles. Wall behind 3-compartment sink had black mildew along caulking. Wall behind vegetable prep sink is dirty. Paint coming off floor in kitchen in front of 3-sink.

• Engine House Pizza Station #2, 416 E. Washington St., Sabina, Nov. 20. No one at this facility has Manager Certification. Inside of reach-in freezer door is missing covering (insulation is exposed) across from deep fryer. Ceiling tiles over sandwich prep cooler discolored indicating possible leak. Paint is peeling on floor of storage area.

• Burger King, 1607 Rombach Ave., Wilmington, Nov. 19. Critical: The breakfast chicken was at 130°F (must be kept hot at 135°F or above to help reduce bacterial growth). Manager discarded product. Lettuce and cheese on serving line were dated use by Nov. 19 at 10:15 a.m. Manager discarded. Products that are held for time in lieu of temperature need to have written procedures available in the facility. There is no written verification on bacon holding variance. All facilities that hold product longer than 4 or 6 hours must have a variance from Ohio Department of Health.

Front freezer door not closing properly. Walk-in cooler door not closing properly. Ice on condenser of back walk-in freezer. Walk-in floor is dirty. Front and side of french fries dispenser dirty. Floor under soda boxes dirty.

Follow-up: Approx. Dec. 17.

• Roberts Arena, 4095 SR 730, Wilmington. Inside of ice machine has pink residue along inside edge. There were unlabeled and undated containers of chicken salad, hot dogs, red peppers and sauces. When I entered facility, employee was not wearing hair restraint. Employee put on hair restraint. Thank you. Black cups being stored in parmesan cheese and powdered sugar. All cups stored in product must have handles and stored in product. Thrown away. Thank you. Electrical wiring in walk-in is taped wiring. Please have electrical inspection to ensure there is no fire hazard.

https://www.wnewsj.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/22/2019/12/web1_Restaurant-Inspections-2.jpg

News Journal