WILMINGTON — A Clinton County grand jury has indicted a Baltimore, Ohio man on two counts of rape.
Count One as described in the indictment paperwork alleges Noah Andrew Graff, 19, of Baltimore, Ohio in fall 2018 in Clinton County engaged in sexual conduct with a named person (who the News Journal will not identify) whose ability to resist or consent was “substantially impaired because of a mental or physical condition or because of advanced age.”
Count Two of the indictment alleges Graff purposely compelled the alleged victim to submit by force or threat of force.
Both counts are felonies of the first degree.
Defense attorney William Nesbitt indicated to the court that he is attempting to retain a DNA expert. Baltimore is 22 miles southeast of Columbus.
On the same day the local grand jury indicted Michael Isaiah Roland Jr., 32, of the Sabina area on three charges of aggravated trafficking in meth. He allegedly took part in the criminal activity on three separate days in July 2019 in Clinton County.
Each of the three counts is a felony offense of the fourth degree.
The grand jurors also indicted Bruce J. Rheinscheld, 38, of Wilmington. He faces two counts of aggravated trafficking in drugs (namely, buprenorphine). Buprenorphine is a narcotic that can treat pain, as well as addiction to narcotic pain relievers.
A prescription drug, it carries a high risk for addiction and dependence. Buprenorphine can cause respiratory distress and death when taken in high doses, or when combined with other substances, especially alcohol.
Buprenorphine is a trending drug in Michigan, Indiana and Ohio, according to data collected by Michigan-based oral fluid testing lab, Forensic Fluids Laboratories.
The grand jury indictment alleges the trafficking occurred in June 2019 in Clinton County.
Each of the two charges is a felony of the fifth degree.
Also indicted the same day were:
• Joshua A.E. Sweet, 25, of Orient, Ohio, is indicted with allegedly trafficking in drugs.
• Timothy Wayne Bart, 55, of Wilmington, is indicted with allegedly trafficking in drugs.
• Cheyenne Joseph Potts, 37, of Wilmington, is indicted with allegedly trafficking in drugs.
• Latasha C. Hughes, 26, of the New Vienna area, is indicted with alleged breaking-and-entering and theft.
• Matthew T. Woods, 26, of the New Vienna area, is indicted with alleged breaking-and-entering and theft.
• Brian K. Maynard, 49, of the Wilmington area, is indicted with alleged theft from a person in a protected class.
• Ashley M. Maynard, 24, of Wilmington, is indicted with alleged theft from a person in a protected class.
• Gregory S. Bobbitt, 25, of Blanchester, is indicted with alleged grand theft.
• Lynzie N. Brown, 33, of Wilmington, is indicted with allegedly receiving stolen property and misuse of a credit card.
Reach Gary Huffenberger at 937-556-5768.