WILMINGTON — The following information is obtained from the Clinton County Health Department and is compiled from inspection reports.
Violations are either critical or non-critical. Critical violations are more likely to contribute to food contamination, illness or an environmental health hazard, including inadequate cooking of food items or poor personal hygiene.
For a more detailed description of critical and non-critical violations, or to file a public health or food safety complaint about a restaurant, contact the Clinton County Health Department by calling 937-382-7221.
The following restaurants or food service establishments were inspected recently and violations/comments include:
• Speedway, 393 S. Locust St., Wilmington, Dec. 9. Critical: Pink residues accumulated on ice dispenser at Club Chill machine. Person in Charge will clean today. Tornado 133°F; corn dog 106°F; corn dog 127°F (roller grill). PIC discarded.
Paper towels unavailable at hand sink. PIC corrected. Sticker residues found on clean containers. Black residues on external dispensing nozzles at the speedy freeze equipment. Black residues on fresh topping equipment (sealant on edges starting to peel?). Hand sink is draining slow next to 3-sink. Floors in facility need cleaning, specifically under shelving, equipment and sinks. Splatters accumulated on ceiling in stock room. Walls have dust accumulations, specifically under vent hood, above prep sink, under shelving and on AC unit. Dust accumulated on fan covers in walk-in cooler unit. Dust and black residues accumulated on beverage tray racks in walk-in cooler. Trash accumulated on ground at rear of store and next to dumpster.
Follow-up: Dec. 27.
• La Bamba of Clinton County, 961 S. South St., Wilmington, Dec. 9. Critical: Asterisks missing on associated menu items with consumer advisory. Person in Charge to work with owner to update menu. Correct by Dec. 27. Spray bottles missing common name label storing chemicals. PIC added label. Chili dated Nov. 29; pulled pork dated Nov. 29; refried beans and cheese sauce missing date marks. PIC corrected.
Thermometer missing in prep cooler. Corrected. Sugar and flour stored out of original packaging missing common name label. PIC corrected. Box of banana peppers stored on floor. Black residues on inner wall of ice machine. Dust accumulated near HVAC ceiling vent in kitchen. Light bulb nonworking in vent hood. Panels in vent hood have grease accumulations. Ceiling panels are being replaced with acoustic-style; must have smooth, easy-to-clean ceiling surfaces (vinyl-coated or similar).
Follow-up: Dec. 27.
• McDonald’s, 1272 Rombach Ave., Wilmington, Dec. 17. Critical: Fly-trapping device was located above rack with English muffins, tortilla wraps, etc. Person in Charge removed. Corrected.
Handwashing sign missing at hand sink (next to prep sink). Handle of ice scoop found in ice in icemaking machine. Door of fries freezer does not fully close. Food residue/spillage accumulated in bottom of McCafe cooler and syrup bottle holders. Residues accumulated inside ice machine. Floor tile damaged in front of nugget fry vat.
• El Dorado Mexican Restaurant, 1426 Rombach Ave., Wilmington, Dec. 10. Using plastic bags/wrappers from tortillas as scoops/hand coverings. All utensils must be cleanable or new/clean gloves. Please remove wrappers and find utensils to store in product for scooping. Wall/caulking behind 3-compartment sink is dirty. At bar sink, caulking is dirty. Shelves above bar sink are rusted. Floor/step into bar area is broken. Cove molding missing in kitchen area. No employee at this facility has Food Service Manager certification.
• Kentucky Fried Chicken, 127 E. Main St., Wilmington, Dec. 10. Follow-up. Four previous violations corrected. Thank you. There were gnats at air vent above 3-compartment sink. Outside of walk-in freezer door had large accumulation of ice on outside. This usually indicates a broken seal/door. Please repair door/seal.
• Champions in the Making, 333 Clinton St., Wilmington, Dec. 17. No soap or paper towels at the handwashing sink. Ledge and door into and around kitchen is unfinished wood.
• Putman Elementary, 327 E. Baldwin St., Blanchester, Dec. 10. All previous violations have been corrected.
• Happy Wok, 1655 Rombach Ave., Wilmington, Dec. 16. Follow-up. Previous violations corrected. Thank you for cooperation.