WILMINGTON — The following information is obtained from the Clinton County Health Department and is compiled from inspection reports.
Violations are either critical or non-critical. Critical violations are more likely to contribute to food contamination, illness or an environmental health hazard, including inadequate cooking of food items or poor personal hygiene.
For a more detailed description of critical and non-critical violations, or to file a public health or food safety complaint about a restaurant, contact the Clinton County Health Department by calling 937-382-7221.
The following restaurants or food service establishments were inspected recently and violations/comments include:
• Midland 1st Stop, 126-128 Cuba Pike, Midland, Dec. 16. Critical: Pizza trays stored in hand sink, limited accessibility to handwashing. Person in Charge removed and corrected. Pizza 117°F (warming cabinet). PIC removed and placed in other warmer. Creamer individual cups were warm to touch and label indicates keep refrigerated. PIC added ice. Hose at mop sink is stored in the bottom of utility sink and was connected to faucet, creating potential for cross-connection of water supplies. PIC stated will contact maintenance to install backflow prevention device. PIC disconnected hose.
Container of brown sugar stored out of original packaging missing common name label. Corrected. Hair restraints are not available for food employees to use. Box of single-use plastic cups stored on floor. Corrected. Duct tape used as repair on container storing coffee and coffee filters. Cutting board on prep table has staining and cut marks. Dust accumulated on top of BeverageAir 3-door freezer. Corrected. Lid missing on trash receptacle used for sanitary napkin disposal in restroom. Soda splatter on door and wall of walk-in cooler. Manager certification in food protection is unavailable.
Follow-up: Jan. 6.
• Autumn Years Nursing Center, 580 E. Washington St., Sabina, Dec. 17. Critical: Wash temperature on warewash machine during cycle was 60°F (must reach 120°F). Chlorine sanitizer was at proper level. Person in Charge stated maintenance was contacted. Use 3-sink until equipment can be repaired.
Open soda can on prep table with employee preparing food. PIC discarded. Corrected. Black and pink residues accumulated on caulking near sprayer. Grout between floor tiles near warewash machine is missing/worn. Wall damaged near pan/bowl storage on stainless steel shelf. Light bulbs missing shields in kitchen. Hot water heater that supplies warewash machine, 3-sink, and laundry washing machine not working properly. PIC contacted plumber for repair.
• Frisch’s, 1341 Rombach Ave., Wilmington, Dec. 18. Follow-up. Critical: Salad bar: Oranges 43°F, mixed fruit 42°F, cottage cheese 42°F (must be kept cold at 41°F or below).
Frost build-up on shelves and condenser unit of the walk-in freezer. Cracked floors in kitchen by ice machine and in front of office. Latch to walk-in cooler is broken, not latching door.
Follow-up: Approx. Jan. 17.
• Clinton County Senior Services Center, 717 N. Nelson Ave., Wilmington, Dec. 19. Everything looks good. Thank you!
• Clinton County Head Start, 789 N. Nelson Ave., Wilmington, Dec. 19. Everything looks good. Thank you!
• Roberts Arena, 4095 SR, 730, Wilmington, Dec. 19. All previous violations have been corrected. Thank you!