WILMINGTON — The following report is generated from incident reports provided by the Wilmington Police Department. All those arrested are presumed innocent until possibly found guilty in court. Charges may be dropped or changed in court.
Wilmington police recently processed the following reports:
• Police received a report of a possible missing 26-year-old Wilmington male at 2:13 p.m. on Feb. 3. A 47-year-old Milledgeville female reported she hadn’t heard from her son since Jan. 30. She advised he was homeless and a drug addict. When they spoke last, he advised he was sick and wanted help. Police attempted to contact known individuals who know the missing subject but were unable to at the time. He was entered in LEADs as missing. No further details were listed.
• Police arrested a 22-year-old female and charged a 41-year-old female for alleged drug abuse instrument possession after emergency services responded to a drug-related incident on Fife Avenue at 9:09 a.m. on Feb. 9. According to the report, units responded to the report of an unconscious female in a room at a Fife Avenue building. Upon arrival, police located the 41-year-old female lying on the floor. Police were able to get the female to wake up and kept her awake until Wilmington FD arrived. The report advised the female “had blood down her arm and shirt.” The officer observed a syringe on the sink next to her, a plastic spoon with white powder residue and a meth pipe was located next to the bed. Police also located digital scales on the bed near the pipe and empty small clear Ziploc-style bags. Once awakened and standing up with assistance of the EMS crew, she asked for her purse. Police advised her that they had located drugs and a syringe in the room. The female stated “All the drug stuff is mine,” the report states. Items were seized as evidence. Police also located a prescription bottle of Doxycycline Hyclate containing seven pills belonging to a male subject that was believed to have fled the area prior to police arrival. The female was transported to CMH for medical treatment. Police asked what happened and she said she was a “heroin user for 20 years and that she used too much heroin apparently,” the report states. Police asked about the glass pipe and she stated she used the pipe for smoking ICE (meth). Police advised the female she would be charged with drug abuse instrument possession and drug paraphernalia. The female was released from the hospital shortly after and came to the Wilmington PD to pick up her charges and released with a court date.
• Police arrested a 59-year-old male for allegedly driving while under the influence, reckless operation, and fleeing an accident after responding to a hit-skip accident on East Main Street at 7:10 p.m. on Jan. 3.
• Police arrested a 62-year-old male for an alleged O.V.I. after responding to an accident on Southridge Avenue at 12:54 a.m. on Feb. 8.
• Police arrested a 34-year-old Sabina male for alleged theft and obstructing official business at 1:08 a.m. on Feb. 6 after responding to a shoplifting report at an East Main Street gas station.
• Police arrested a 32-year-old female for alleged criminal trespass and theft after responding to a shoplifting report at a store on Rombach Avenue at 4:13 p.m. on Feb. 8.
• Police charged a 36-year-old male for an alleged protection order violation at 10:35 a.m. on Feb. 7. The incident took place at a Marlena Drive residence.
• At 10:45 p.m. on Feb. 3, police responded to a Ruane Drive business by their security in regards to a male subject who “may be in possession of a C40 (gun) who made public threats to multiple employees over social media.” According to the report, the subject is known to be driving a gold SUV. A Cedarville female advised the subject is her ex and has been threatening her over text. She advised she blocked his number and he’s been showing up and stalking her at work. The suspect nor the vehicle were spotted that night.
Reach John Hamilton at 937-382-2574