Clinton County eateries inspected

News Journal

WILMINGTON — The following information is obtained from the Clinton County Health Department and is compiled from inspection reports.

Violations are either critical or non-critical. Critical violations are more likely to contribute to food contamination, illness or an environmental health hazard, including inadequate cooking of food items or poor personal hygiene.

For a more detailed description of critical and non-critical violations, or to file a public health or food safety complaint about a restaurant, contact the Clinton County Health Department by calling 937-382-7221.

The following restaurants or food service establishments were inspected recently and violations/comments include:

• Streber’s Market, 299 South St., New Vienna, Jan. 22. Critical: Verification demonstrating employees have been informed on illness reporting requirements is unavailable. Packages of raw ground beef and sausage stored above ready-to-eat foods. Person in Charge corrected. Meat grinder is cleaned every other day. Equipment is in a refrigerated room (walk-in cooler) and must be cleaned at least every 24 hours. Correct by Feb. 24. Pepper loaf deli meat dated Jan. 10; pickle loaf Jan. 13; ham and cheese loaf Jan. 12; sandwich spread in large tub missing date mark; cole slaw in large tub dated Jan. 17; coffee creamer machine missing date mark. Some items marked with open date and some items marked with discard date. Packaged sandwiches (and meat loaf, cranberry, relish etc. missing ingredient info on label. Correct by Feb. 24. Food on display in hot case is missing labels (cheese sticks, onion rings, hoagies, etc.) Onion rings, cheese sticks, etc. not protected from customer contamination; must be packaged or displayed in manner to prevent contamination fro hands. Correct by Feb. 24.

Certification in food protection for manager is unavailable. Clean-up procedure for vomit/diarrhea incidents unavailable. thermometer unavailable in hot holding display equipment. thermometer unavailable in cold holding equipment/deli meat, cheese, and salad case). Sugar shaker next to coffee missing common name label. Dispensing container in cappuccino machine missing common name label. Extra cappuccino mix stored in container missing common name label. This mix is stored in a single-use container (old macaroni salad container). Food handlers were not wearing hair restraints. Spoons found inside container and in food of cole slaw and sandwich spread. Instapot household equipment used for steak patties. Equipment must be commercial and NSF or similar rated. Light bulb nonworking in display case on sales floor. Sanitizer test strips unavailable. Small fryer has grease accumulations. Grease accumulations on broasters. Pink residues accumulated on outside of ice dispenser on soda fountain machine. Lid missing on dumpster. Note: Pile of old facility furnishings behind dumpster. Unused furnishings/equipment must be removed from premises to prevent pest harborage. Ice accumulated on floor and shelves in walk-in freezer. Condensation on ceiling in walk-in cooler (deli). Surface is peeling in walk-in cooler. Lower shelf in meat packaging area needs cleaning.

Follow-up: Feb. 24.

• China Dragon, 103 E. Main St., Blanchester, Jan. 23. Critical: Pan of chicken sitting in sink thawing. thawing must be done one of three ways: In the refrigerator; under cold running water; or in microwave during cooking process. Manager had employee turn on cold running water to thaw properly. Thank you!

Chest freezer coming apart. Floor in back room cracked. Google Translator used to help communicate.

• Combs Bakery, 1221 Wayne Road, Wilmington, Jan. 23. Complaint that “used bare hands to handle donuts and did not wash hands.” Discussed complaint with Person in Charge. Employees use tissue paper when getting donuts for normal orders, and wash hands in-between. With large orders they use gloves and wash hands. Everything looks good! Thank you!

• Blanchester Theatre, 115 E. Main St., Blanchester, Jan. 23. Wall behind 3-sink, paint is pulling off due to plumbing leak.

News Journal