WILMINGTON — The following information is obtained from the Clinton County Health Department and is compiled from inspection reports.
Violations are either critical or non-critical. Critical violations are more likely to contribute to food contamination, illness or an environmental health hazard, including inadequate cooking of food items or poor personal hygiene.
For a more detailed description of critical and non-critical violations, or to file a public health or food safety complaint about a restaurant, contact the Clinton County Health Department by calling 937-382-7221.
The following restaurants or food service establishments were inspected recently:
• Kroger, 1230 Rombach Ave., Wilmington, February 11. Sanitizing concentration levels were off in meat room and produce sinks; a supervisor corrected the issue. Dust on fan intakes on cooler unit in deli walk-in. Food debris built up on shelf in produce case.
• Holiday Inn Express, 55 Holiday Drive, Wilmington, February 11. Pancake batter not cold enough.
• Happy Wok, 1655 Rombach Ave., Wilmington, February 11. Pans of food in walk-in cooler weren’t covered. Facility has non-working ceiling lights. Back door not sealed to prevent pests.
• Walmart, 2825 State Route 73, Wilmington, February 9. Food debris found under shelves in product display cooler. Food debris spotted in bakery prep table drawer. Chicken strips found stored on floor in deli walk-in freezer. Ice built up on ceiling of walk-in ice cream freezer. Fan out on cooling unit in dairy walk-in refrigerator.
• Subway, 2825 State Route 73 S., Wilmington, February 9. Sanitizing test strips unavailable. Food debris on inside of bottom microwave. Mops stored in mop sink rather than hanging to dry.
• CVS Pharmacy, 610 Cherry St., Blanchester, February 12. Light bulb out in freezer.
• Family Dollar Store, 620 Cherry St., Blanchester, February 12. No violations noted.
• Eagles Lodge, 141 E. Sugartree St., Wilmington, February 8. No violations noted.
• Eagles Lodge, 113 Wright St., Blanchester, February 12. Food debris on the inside of microwave oven.
• Domino’s Pizza, 211 S. Broadway St., Blanchester, February 12. Sanitizing concentration in water is too low.
• Blanchester Save-A-Lot, 127 S. Broadway St., Blanchester, February 12. Paint chipping on meat case cooler. Ice accumulating on cooling fan of walk-in freezer.
• Chubby’s Pizza and Dairy Point, 604 N. Broadway St., Blanchester, February 12. Bag of onions stored on floor in walk-in cooler; corrected by supervisor. Drain line under three-compartment sink doesn’t have a two inch air gap.
Reach Nathan Kraatz at 937-382-2574, ext. 2510 or on Twitter @NathanKraatz.