WILMINGTON — The following information is obtained from the Clinton County Health Department and is compiled from inspection reports.
Violations are either critical or non-critical. Critical violations are more likely to contribute to food contamination, illness or an environmental health hazard, including inadequate cooking of food items or poor personal hygiene.
For a more detailed description of critical and non-critical violations, or to file a public health or food safety complaint about a restaurant, contact the Clinton County Health Department by calling 937-382-7221.
The following restaurants or food service establishments were inspected recently and violations/comments include:
• Food Mart, 149 W. Washington St., Sabina, July 17. Critical: Verification demonstrating employees have been informed on illness reporting requirements is unavailable. Sandwiches (prepackaged) in reach-in cooler missing date marks. Person in Charge corrected. Hot water is unavailable. Hot water heater in need of repair.
Clean-up procedure for vomit/diarrhea unavailable. Sanitizer and test strips unavailable. 3-sink area and back area near freezer/coolers needs to be organized and cleaned. 3-sink compartments are dirty. Counter damaged near soda fountain machine. Bag of sugar on floor, and open. Sugar container lid is missing. PIC removed bag from floor and closed bag.
Follow-up: Aug. 14.
• Dollar General, 115 E. Washington St., Sabina, July 17. Complaint received July 16 “claims no employees wearing masks on July 15.” Investigated complaint on July 17. At arrival no employees wearing masks. Masks were onsite; employees put on at time of visit.
Verification demonstrating employees have been informed on illness reporting requirements unavailable. Clean-up procedure for vomit/diarrhea incidents unavailable. Handwashing sign missing in women’s restroom. Thermometer unavailable in milk retail cooler.
• New Vienna 1st Stop, 101 N. South St., New Vienna, July 20. Six previous violations corrected. Thank you!
No one at this facility is manager certified in food safety. Walls in dry storage areas are unfinished (must be smooth and easy to clean).
• Farmhouse Deli & More, 405 E. Washington St., Sabina, July 17. Critical: Ham, pickle loaf found with expired date; sloppy joe, shredded cabbage missing date mark. Person in Charge corrected.
Unapproved residential equipment used in facility. Light bulbs nonworking in ceiling of dry stock room. Working container of brown sugar missing common name label.
• Traditions Restaurant & Catering, 78 N. Howard St., Sabina, July 17. Critical: Spray bottles, sanitizer solution stored near food activity areas (prep cooler/prep table). Spray bottle chemical missing name label. Person in Charge corrected; relocated and added label.
Light bulb nonworking in vent hood.