WILMINGTON — The following information is obtained from the Clinton County Health Department and is compiled from inspection reports.
Violations are either critical or non-critical. Critical violations are more likely to contribute to food contamination, illness or an environmental health hazard, including inadequate cooking of food items or poor personal hygiene.
For a more detailed description of critical and non-critical violations, or to file a public health or food safety complaint about a restaurant, contact the Clinton County Health Department by calling 937-382-7221.
The following restaurants or food service establishments were inspected recently and violations/comments include:
• Subway (inside Wal-Mart), 2825 SR 73 W, Wilmington, July 30. Critical: There was a container of sliced tomatoes in walk-in cooler that was dated for use by July 29. Inside of the ice dispenser on soda machine is dirty with pink and black residue. Bottles of sauces on the prep line were not dated.
There is no verification that anyone is manager certified in food safety. There were gnats flying around front service line. Employee wearing headband, then changed to scarf-like headband. All employees must wear hair restraints. Female employee not wearing mask while making food on prep line. All employees of a food service operation must wear mask while working. Walk-in freezer door will not shut properly. Build-up of ice around door and seal of walk-in freezer. Wall behind 3-compartment sink is dirty with black mildew/residue. Door to kitchen area propped open to dining room. All doors must be closed and tight-fitting and not open to dining areas to prevent anyone from entering.
Follow-up: Approx. Aug. 27.
• Donatos Pizza, 860 Rombach Ave., Wilmington, July 30. Follow-up. Critical: Food on 2-door prep cooler was on ice: Apples 47°F; banana peppers 44°F; cheese 46°F; sliced tomatoes 49°F; chicken strips 39°F; sliced tomatoes 46°F. All food must be removed from cooler. This cooler is not to be used until repaired and inspected by Health Department. All employees put on masks when I entered building.
Follow-up: Call for inspection.
• Donatos Pizza, 860 Rombach Ave., Wilmington, Aug. 3. Follow-up. Cooler temperature 38-40°F; can begin using again, will re-check temperatures tomorrow (Aug. 4).
• Donatos Pizza, 860 Rombach Ave., Wilmington, Aug. 4. Follow-up. Critical: Tomatoes were 48°F on the prep cooler (all food must be 41°F or below).
Cooler still not working. All food must be removed. Water standing when cooler temp is above 50°F. All employees must wear masks/facial covering. All facial coverings must cover nose, mouth and chin.
• Wal-Mart, 2825 Progress Way, Wilmington, July 30. Keep checking freezers; lots of frost building up in them. Everyone wearing masks. Thank you. No violations at time of visit.