Upcoming local public events are listed below. We recommend you check with each individual event/organization for updates on changes, cancellations or postponements, and for information on safety requirements (masks, social distancing, etc.) for any events you plan to attend.
Saturday, Sept. 19
• Art & Soul Open Air Market 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 19, W. Sugartree St., downtown Wilmington features local artists and crafters, jewelry makers, fiber artists, photographers, woodworkers and more. Sanitizing stations and health regulations to keep everyone safe.
• Wilmington Garden Club annual plant sale Saturday, Sept. 19, 10 a.m.-1 p.m. on grounds of the Clinton County History Center, 149 E. Locust St. Homegrown plants and fall foliage available for purchase. Arrive early for best selection. Proceeds support the garden club. Masks or facial coverings required; social distancing encouraged.
Thursday, Sept. 24
• Free community dinner hosted by Grace UMC in Blanchester 4:30-6:30 p.m. Thursday, Sept.24 in the fellowship hall of the church — the final grill-out of the year. The church is on the corner of Center & Wright Streets. For more information, call 937-783-3655.
Saturday, Sept. 26
• Fall Family Weekend hosted by Bible Baptist Church Saturday, Sept. 26 and Sunday, Sept. 27 featuring all outdoor events and all free (except the fishing derby, which begins at 9 a.m.) with garden tractor pulls/rodeo events beginning at 10 a.m., cruise-in at 3 p.m. and Ball Brothers in concert at 6 p.m. On Sunday: Outdoor worship service at 10:30 a.m., lunch at 11:45 a.m., and outdoor activities beginning at noon including carnival games, petting zoo and hayrides, and Diamond J Rodeo at 1:30 p.m. Please follow social distancing; masks are welcome. Please don’t attend if you have COVID-19 symptoms or have been around anyone who has.
• Silent Watch — Veterans and other volunteers will hold a silent watch in 20-minute shifts in front of a flag-draped casket at the Clinton County Veterans Memorial — a “Silent Watch” to bring about awareness of the suicides in the veteran community — Saturday, Sept. 26 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. If anyone would like to give 20 minutes of his or her time, contact the Clinton County Veterans Service Office at 937-382-3233.
Sunday, Sept. 20
• VFW Post 6710 Auxiliary Yard Sale 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., 1130 N. Lincoln St., Wilmington. Anyone with items to sell may rent a space for $10. Bring your table and register between 8 and 8:30 a.m. Anyone wishing to donate items to the Auxiliary for them to sell may bring the items to the Post anytime between 9 a.m. and 1 p.m.. All proceeds benefit of veterans, their families, and local youth.
Saturday, Oct. 17
• Fundraiser for Gabe and Jaime Polston, who were seriously injured in an accident (and who have four children), 5-10 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 17 at 9781 SR 123, Blanchester. Dinner plates including pork, brisket and wings dinner plates, soft drinks or BYOB, live band, raffle and silent auction.