Upcoming local public events are listed below. We recommend you check with each individual event/organization for updates on changes, cancellations or postponements, and for information on safety requirements (masks, social distancing, etc.) for any events you plan to attend.
Saturday, Sept. 26
• Fall Family Weekend hosted by Bible Baptist Church Saturday, Sept. 26 and Sunday, Sept. 27 featuring all outdoor events and all free (except the fishing derby, which begins at 9 a.m.) with garden tractor pulls/rodeo events beginning at 10 a.m., cruise-in at 3 p.m. and Ball Brothers in concert at 6 p.m. On Sunday: Outdoor worship service at 10:30 a.m., lunch at 11:45 a.m., and outdoor activities beginning at noon including carnival games, petting zoo and hayrides, and Diamond J Rodeo at 1:30 p.m. Please follow social distancing; masks are welcome. Please don’t attend if you have COVID-19 symptoms or have been around anyone who has.
• Silent Watch — Veterans and other volunteers will hold a silent watch in 20-minute shifts in front of a flag-draped casket at the Clinton County Veterans Memorial — a “Silent Watch” to bring about awareness of the suicides in the veteran community — Saturday, Sept. 26 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. If anyone would like to give 20 minutes of his or her time, contact the Clinton County Veterans Service Office at 937-382-3233.
• Fall Y’All Craft Show 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 26 at Quaker Knoll church camp and retreat at 675 Sprague Road, Wilmington. About 35-40 inside and outside vendors expected, featuring crafts and baked goods. COVID-19 precautions will be followed.
Monday, Oct. 5
• SRWW Joint Fire District community blood drive 3-7 p.m. Monday, Oct. 5 in the training rooms, 179 S. Jackson St., Sabina. Donors must make an appointment at www.DonorTime.com or at 937-461-3220.
Wednesday, Oct. 7
• CMH 13th annual Brake for Breakfast breast cancer awareness event at Foster J. Boyd, MD Regional Cancer Center 6:30-9 a.m. (while supplies last) Wednesday, Oct. 7. Breakfast is a Panera “Pink Ribbon” bagel and fresh fruit to-go breakfast as well as giveaways from CMH and others. Every bag will have information on mammography, treatment, cancer screening resources, and a voucher for a tumbler if you schedule a mammogram at CMH in October. Attendees are asked to enter through the parking lot on West Locust St. and exit on Farquhar Ave.
• Monthly Wilmington community blood drive sponsored by CMH Regional Health System noon-6:30 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 7 in the Wilmington Municipal Building Moyer Community Room, 69 N. South St. Donors must make an appointment at www.DonorTime.com or at 937-461-3220.
Saturday, Oct. 17
• Fundraiser for Gabe and Jaime Polston, who were seriously injured in an accident (and who have four children), 5-10 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 17 at 9781 SR 123, Blanchester. Dinner plates including pork, brisket and wings dinner plates, soft drinks or BYOB, live band, raffle and silent auction.