WILMINGTON — The following information comes from incident reports provided by the Clinton County Sheriff’s Office (CCSO). All those arrested are presumed innocent until possibly found guilty in court.
The sheriff’s office recently processed these reports:
• Deputies arrested a 28-year-old Wilmington male for allegedly operating a vehicle while under the influence and drug paraphernalia at 12:25 a.m. on Oct. 1. According to the report, the arrest was made during a traffic stop on State Route 730 in Vernon Township and drugs and drug paraphernalia was located in the vehicle including a hypodermic syringe. A 33-year-old Wilmington female in the vehicle will also face charges, according to the report.
• At 11:05 p.m. on Sept. 28, a 21-year-old Wilmington male reported a “suspicious traffic stop” made around State Route 73 near McCoy Road in Union Township. The report lists the offense as impersonating a peace officer. The report indicated the suspect was a stranger to the victim. No further details were listed.
• At 1:02 a.m. on Sept. 27, deputies responded to a reported dispute at a residence on State Route 28 East in Midland. A 20-year-old Clarksville male was listed as a victim of an alleged assault. A 29-year-old Wilmington female was listed as a suspect. No further details were listed.
• At 12:35 p.m. on Sept. 26, a 21-year-old Blanchester/Marion Township male reported he believes the keys for his vehicle were taken from out of the vehicle at his Shawnee Trace residence. A 23-year-old Wilmington male is listed as a suspect. The keys were believed to have been stolen between Sept. 12 and the reporting date.
• At 11:19 a.m. on Sept. 27, deputies responded to a field around Oak Grove and Canada Road in Martinsville on a vandalism call. Deputies observed someone had driven through a field overnight, damaging the crops. The report indicated a suspect was known.
• At 2:55 p.m. on Sept. 28, a 60-year-old New Vienna male reported multiple items were stolen from a storage unit on McCoy Road in Union Township. According to the report, the stolen items included a Husqvarna straight-shift weed trimmer, a Husqvarna curved-shaft weed trimmer, and a Predator 4000 generator.
• At 8:30 a.m. on Sept. 22, a 60-year-old Chester Township male reported a Honda three-wheeler was stolen from his detached garage at his residence.
• On Sept. 24, deputies responded to Martinsville on the report of a juvenile trespassing. According to the report, deputies learned “there has been an ongoing problem with this juvenile.” No further details were listed.
• At 1 p.m. on Sept. 28, the Clinton County Solid Waste Management reported a subject dumped non-recyclables in the cycling center on West Main Street in Wilmington. A 73-year-old Wilmington female is listed as a suspect. The subject would later be charged with alleged littering, according to Clinton County Municipal Court records.
Reach John Hamilton at 937-382-2574